Before "Fleabag" was an award-winning TV show, it was a play.
Fleabag was one of the best TV shows of the past few years.
Searingly funny and unsparing in its evisceration of Phoebe Waller-Bridge's character, known only as Fleabag, it even made an impression on Barack Obama. (It also sparked a new wave of fascination with priests, but that's another story).
Now, you can see where it all began. Phoebe Waller-Bridge's excellent TV show started out as a one-woman show and was first performed at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival. From there, it moved to the Soho Theatre in 2013, and it was eventually commissioned for the screen.
Fleabag The Play is available to stream (if you're in the UK or Ireland) on Soho Theatre's streaming website, and it will become available on the website for Australia, New Zealand, and Canada starting April 10th. For US-based folks, it'll be available for two weeks on Amazon Prime starting the same date. Viewers can download the broadcast for 48 hours.
One of those London performances was recorded, and you can now purchase it for only £4—and even better, all the proceeds will go towards coronavirus relief funds.
Fleabag goes to the West End - BBC London News www.youtube.com
"I hope this filmed performance of Fleabag can help raise money while providing a little theatrical entertainment in these isolated times," said Waller-Bridge, whose fund has already collected over $300,000 (including a large donation from Waller-Bridge herself). "Thank you to all our partners and to the creative team who have waived their royalties from this production to raise money for such vital causes in this unbelievably challenging situation.
"All money raised will support the people throughout our society who are fighting for us on the frontlines and those financially devastated by the crisis, including those in the theatre community. Thank you in advance to those who donate. Now go get into bed with Fleabag! It's for charity!"
This isn't the only opportunity for you to binge something of Phoebe Waller-Bridge's during the pandemic. The new season of Killing Eve, which Waller-Bridge executive-produced, will be available on the BBC iPlayer on April 13th.
- 'Fleabag': Live Performance To Be Released For COVID-19 ... ›
- Need a Laugh? Need a Lot? Stream These 15 Binge-Worthy Sitcoms ›
- 'Fleabag' stage production to stream on Amazon for charity - CNN ›
- Fleabag - Rotten Tomatoes ›
- “Fleabag,” an Original Bad-Girl Comedy | The New Yorker ›
- Fleabag - National Theatre Live ›
- Watch Fleabag - Season 1 | Prime Video - Amazon.com ›
- Fleabag Season 1 - Official Trailer | Prime Video - YouTube ›
- Fleabag (TV Series 2016–2019) - IMDb ›
- Fleabag - Wikipedia ›
Raymond's popularity sheds light on a bizarre underside of the Animal Crossing fandom.
Raymond is a smug cat who highlights his heterochromatic eyes with hipster glasses.
He is essentially the same exact character as every other Animal Crossing villager with a "Smug" personality type, but again, and this is very important, Raymond is a cat with heterochromatic eyes and hipster glasses. As such, he has completely broken the Animal Crossing community.
- Terraforming Changes How We Experience Animal Crossing ... ›
- People Are Going on Dates in the "Animal Crossing: New Horizons ... ›
- The Worst Animal Crossing Villagers, Ranked - Popdust ›
Check out the full list here.
We're now several weeks into self isolation, and if you're like us, you're probably running out of movies and TV shows to binge watch.
If you've already made your way through every halfway decent show on Netflix, don't worry, HBO has got your back. The streaming service just announced that they're making much of their content free to stream in order to encourage people to stay inside. You won't need a subscription or cable login to access the offer and can stream the available series on HBO NOW and HBO GO, both on mobile and desktop.
My bosses want me to tell you these series will be available to stream on HBO NOW and HBO GO for free starting tomo… https://t.co/D7MRm1Awr4— HBO (@HBO)1585856091.0
Here is the full list of free content:
Six Feet Under
The Case Against Adnan Syed
Elvis Presley: The Searcher
Jane Fonda in Five Acts
I Love You, Now Die
We Are the Dream
Arthur 2: On the Rocks
Blinded By the Light
The Bridges of Madison County
Crazy, Stupid, Love
Empire of the Sun
Happy Feet Two
Isn't It Romantic?
The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part
My Dog Skip
Nancy Drew And The Hidden Staircase
Pokémon Detective Pikachu
Red Riding Hood
- 15 TV shows to binge watch in the absence of Game of Thrones ... ›
- Binge-watching Challenge: Start a Show at Season 3 ›
- Hottest Game of Thrones Sex Scenes - Popdust ›
- HBO Says "Westworld" Is Too Complex for Casual Fans, But It Might ... ›
- Cartoon Wars: Nickelodeon And Netflix Sign Streaming Deal - Popdust ›
- 10 of the Weirdest TV Shows Based on Movies - Popdust ›
- The Ultimate Guide to Streaming Stuff Other Than "Tiger King" During Quarantine - Popdust ›