Though we still don't know why it's called "Red Room"
Regarded by Migos fans as the most lyrically gifted, Offset's first single from his upcoming solo LP, titled "Red Room," is a harrowing, poetic expose that serves as an emotional catharsis for the rapper.
"I like to throw up when I think about the crash," Offset raps on the chorus, reflecting on his near-fatal car crash last year. "Not playin' when I hit the tree I smell the gas, lookin' at the sky, think about my past." In the single's accompanying music video, the crash is graphically reenacted, with Offset stumbling away from the wreckage as he did back in May. Offset also discusses his chaotic upbringing, his time in prison, and his battle with drug abuse.
While Offset's album was originally slated for a December 14th release date, the day came and went with no album, and with no clarifying statement from the rapper or his team. "Red Room" was also originally released on November 30, but was retracted 24 hours later due to what a representative called a "tech issue." The album is now slated for release on February 22nd, and the project is set to complete the trilogy of solo releases from the Migos, with Quavo and Takeoff's lukewarm solo efforts having been released this past fall. If "Red Room" is any indication of what's to come, we can expect a more cohesive and focused project from Offset than the flaming garbage Takeoff and Quavo presented. Considering the slew of drama that embroiled Offset last year, it will be interesting to see how/if the rapper will address any of it. Check out the eerie music video above.
Mackenzie Cummings-Grady is a creative writer who resides in the Brooklyn area, Mackenzie's work has previously appeared in The Boston Globe, Billboard, and Metropolis Magazine. Follow him on Twitter @mjcummingsgrady.
POP⚡DUST | Read More...
- Red Room by Offset on Spotify ›
- Video: Offset – 'Red Room' | Rap-Up ›
- Watch Offset's Pensive Video for New Song 'Red Room' – Rolling ... ›
- Offset Releases First Video From Upcoming Solo Album ›
- Offset Releases New Single & Video "Red Room" ›
- Watch Offset's video for “Red Room” | The FADER ›
- Offset Relives Car Crash in New "Red Room" Video | Complex ›
- Offset – Red Room Lyrics | Genius Lyrics ›
- Offset Shares Video for New Song “Red Room”: Watch | Pitchfork ›
- Offset - Red Room (Official Music Video) - YouTube ›
The hit musical will drop on Disney+ July 3rd.
Lin Manuel-Miranda's Hamilton has taken the theater world by storm since its 2015 Broadway premiere.
A hip-hop musical about America's founding fathers doesn't sound immediately appealing, but Manuel-Miranda's brilliant song writing and diverse casting not only captured the attention of audiences, but proved that major change is possible within an art form as encumbered by traditions as musical theater.
Everyone can breathe a sigh of relief: hip-hop's most dramatic couple is back together.
Sources have confirmed to TMZ that Cardi B and husband Offset are not getting a divorce after all. According to TMZ, "Cardi's returning to the Atlanta home they shared before the breakup. We're told this is the first time she's been back to stay there with Offset and Kulture since December."
Prior to the news of the reunion, fans had already begun to suspect a reconciliation was on the way after Cardi posted "I wanna go home" over a picture of Offset and daughter Kulture on her Instagram story.
While sources say the couple is definitively back together, there are reportedly a few ground rules in place to prevent recurrences of Offset's unfaithful behavior. The Migos rapper has changed his phone number and is only using it for business and communicating with Cardi. He's also abiding by a "no groupies" rule, particularly this weekend at the Super Bowl where no female fans will be allowed near him.
He has a lot to prove to his wife after his infidelities went public in late 2018. While there were many alleged incidents of Offset being unfaithful, the incident that likely drove Cardi B to end the relationship was the leaked text messages between Offset and rapper Summer Bunni, in which Offset seemed to be attempting to plan a threesome with her and Cuban Doll. But Offset didn't take the break up well, attempting to win Cardi back multiple times, even going so far as to interrupt her concert to apologize, efforts that seem to have now paid off.
Whether the events surrounding the split was a publicity stunt for Offset's upcoming album or a genuine rift, it looks like baby Kulture has both her parents under one roof once again.
POP⚡DUST | Read More...
- Cardi B and Offset tied the knot last September - Popdust ›
- cardi b raps about divorcing offset - Popdust ›
- Cardi B and Offset welcomed their baby girl into the world - Popdust ›
- Cardi B and Offset are Done - Popdust ›
- offset asks cardi b to take him back on stage - Popdust ›
- Cardi B and Offset Reunite in Puerto Rico 2 Weeks After Split ... ›
- Why Cardi B Is ''Very Torn'' Over Getting Back Together With Offset ... ›
- Are Cardi B & Offset Back Together? The Former Couple Were ... ›
- Cardi B and Offset Are Reportedly Back Together For This Reason ... ›
- Nicki Minaj Reacts To Cardi B & Offset Break Up | Hollywoodlife ... ›
- Cardi B Denies Report She and Offset Have Reunited (UPDATE ... ›
- Report: Cardi B and Offset Get Back Together - XXL ›
- Cardi B Officially Back Together with Offset, He Vows No More ... ›
- Cardi B Is Reportedly Getting Back Together with Offset and Moving ... ›
- Cardi B and Offset Are Back Together, Call Divorce Off - Cardi B and ... ›