Fans are being deprived of a true 30 Rock reunion in favor of a weird meta-marketing event
One of the silver linings of everyone being stuck at home during the coronavirus lockdown has been the surge of cast reunions.
The fact that everyone's schedules are wide open has suddenly made stuff like Josh Gad's Reunited Apart possible, with video calls reuniting the casts of The Goonies, Back to the Future, Lord of the Rings, and Ghostbusters. And Parks and Rec even had a socially-distant reunion episode. So when it was announced that NBC was giving another beloved sitcom a reunion of its own, it just made sense and it seemed like a good reason for 30 Rock fans to get excited—but that was before it became clear what kind of rip-off reunion special it would actually be.
"Better late than never" may not apply in this case...
On Saturday, in a strange celebration of Independence Day, rapper, producer, and sneaker mogul Kanye West announced his intention to run for president in 2020.
As in, this year. Right now.
Of course, this news comes well past the filing deadline for independent candidates in several major states—which means that unless a political party randomly decides to nominate him, Kanye's name won't appear on those ballots. As deadlines in other states approach—with little apparent effort to gather the petition signatures required—Kanye is officially joining the long, proud history of vanity presidential campaigns. Unfortunately, that's a lot more dangerous than it sounds.
We must now realize the promise of America by trusting God, unifying our vision and building our future. I am runni… https://t.co/MySzN3vjIB— ye (@ye)1593909493.0
- Kanye West Gives Rambling Monologue to Trump in Oval Office ... ›
- Were Kanye West's MAGA Hats Just a Hoax to Manipulate Trump ... ›
The streaming service that no one asked for is getting a major push
Quibi, the sure-to-last streaming service from superstar film producer Jeffrey Katzenberg, has launched today.
Quibi, which is a mash up of "quick" and "bites"—sort of like how Seeso was a mashup of "see" and "so"—is a short form streaming service designed to cater to millennial's extremely short attention spans. The platform is gaining new buzz thanks to the faux-reality show that will follow "Kirby Jenner."
- Who Is Kirby Jenner? Kendall Launches New Series For Quibi ›
- Who Is Kendall Jenner's Twin Brother? - Who Is Kirby Jenner ›
- Quibi's 'KUWTK' Spinoff 'Kirby Jenner' Features Kendall Jenner's ... ›
- Kendall Jenner's 'fraternal twin' brother Kirby Jenner to have his own ... ›
- Kendall and Kris Jenner to Produce Quibi Show on 'Twin' Kirby Jenner ›
- Kirby Jenner, 'fraternal twin' of Kendall Jenner, lands a show and ... ›
- Kendall & Kris Jenner To EP Quibi Series About “Fraternal Twin ... ›
- Kendall Jenner's 'Twin Brother' Kirby Jenner Lands Quibi Show ... ›
- 'Kirby Jenner' Series Based on Instagram Parody Lands at Quibi ... ›