The show will be called The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder.
Of all the shows Disney+ has given us to ease our lockdown blues, the one we're most excited about is definitely the upcoming reboot ofThe Proud Family.
If you're unfamiliar with the animated series, it was a popular Disney Channel show that ran from September 15, 2001 to August 19, 2005. The revolutionary show followed the life of a Black family with the last name Proud, particularly the family's eldest daughter, Penny Proud, as she reached her teenage years.
The show's central characters, aside from Penny, were Penny's parents Oscar and Trudy, twin siblings BeBe and CeCe, and grandmother Suga Mama (along with her dog Puff), as well as her group of friends Dijonay Jones, LaCienega Boulevardez, and Zoey Howzer.
- Disney+ Removes Queer Romance "Love, Simon" Because It Isn't ... ›
- Why It's So Important Kristen Stewart Is Now Firmly And Proudly Out ... ›
Raymond's popularity sheds light on a bizarre underside of the Animal Crossing fandom.
Raymond is a smug cat who highlights his heterochromatic eyes with hipster glasses.
He is essentially the same exact character as every other Animal Crossing villager with a "Smug" personality type, but again, and this is very important, Raymond is a cat with heterochromatic eyes and hipster glasses. As such, he has completely broken the Animal Crossing community.
- Terraforming Changes How We Experience Animal Crossing ... ›
- People Are Going on Dates in the "Animal Crossing: New Horizons ... ›
- The Worst Animal Crossing Villagers, Ranked - Popdust ›
Rivera's "Glee" character was not just important, she was groundbreaking.
As a young queer girl growing up in the south, I was lucky that my parents weren't homophobes.
My parents believed that people were sometimes born gay, and while they wouldn't "wish that harder life" on their children, they certainly made me and my sister believe that gay people were just as worthy of love as anyone else. I was lucky.
Still, in my relatively sheltered world of Northern Virginia (a rich suburb near Washington D.C.), homophobia wasn't as blatant as hate crimes or shouted slurs, but it was generally accepted that being straight was, simply, better.
- How Brittana On 'Glee' Made My Feelings For Women Finally Feel ... ›
- 'Glee's' Naya Rivera on Brittany and Santana's 'New Challenge ... ›
- 'Glee' Actor Naya Rivera's Body Recovered From California Lake ... ›
- Exclusive: 'Glee' Star Naya Rivera on Gay Rumors | Entertainment ... ›
- 'Glee' actress Naya Rivera's Santana comes out to applause - Los ... ›