It's possible to take character acting too far.
Acting is a strange trade.
By nature of the profession, an actor is supposed to don various masks, completely immerse themselves in a role to the point that they can convince audiences that they're someone else entirely, then discard it all as soon as the show or movie is done—only to start up again as a different character.
Many actors do this effortlessly, but others have dived too deep into their roles, losing touch with their real selves in the process. These actors have taken character acting a bit too far.
3. Michelle Williams — My Week With Marilyn
For her role as the iconic sex symbol, Michelle Williams spent weeks listening to transcripts of Marilyn Monroe speaking. She also took things a bit further—even tying a belt around her legs in order to force herself to walk like Marilyn. "There was a sort of a sense of a figure eight to her walk, that her shoulders were back, it looked like she had a sort of – like a balloon was attached to her breastbone," she told CBS. "That was the work that I wanted to start as early as possible, because I don't want any of those thoughts to be anywhere in my mind when I'm in the middle of a scene."
- Why is Keanu Reeves the Only Good Celebrity? - Popdust ›
- Taylor Swift Now Openly Recruiting Actors to Be Her Next Celebrity ... ›
- Method Acting Moments That Went Too Far ›
- Scenes that pushed actors too far ›
- Scenes That Pushed Actors Too Far - YouTube ›
- Times Method Actors Took Things Way Too Far - YouTube ›
- are we pushing horror film actors too far? - i-D ›
- Actors Who Took Method Acting Too Far - VH1 News ›
- 15 Times Stars Took Method Acting Too Far | Mental Floss ›
- Hollywood Has Ruined Method Acting ›
- The Devastating Story Of How The Joker Haunted Every Actor Who ... ›
- Why Acting Is An Insanely Dangerous Job | Screen Rant ›