The song is a satisfying result of Jaehn's creative evolution and offers words of encouragement to his supporters to stay positive, keep calm, and keep going.
Felix Jaehn has a habit of crafting catchy tropical house tracks, but on "Close Your Eyes," the sentiment is much deeper than that of his big hits.
Written specifically for his fans, Jaehn uses "Close Your Eyes" as an opportunity to address mental health, and at the end of the song, he can be heard asking his fans, "How are you doing? I hope you're well." This track is the last of the year from Jaehn and the latest in a slew of releases to dissect and spread awareness on mental health issues. Jaehn, who co-wrote the track alongside Miss Li, is in the middle of a creative journey.
Recently, he's dedicated himself to co-writing all of his music and having a more direct hand in all aspects of his creative identity. "Close Your Eyes" is a direct and satisfying result of that evolution, serving as words of encouragement to his supporters to stay positive, keep calm, and keep going.
Felix Jaehn, VIZE - Close Your Eyes (Official) ft. Miss Li www.youtube.com
The song, like all of Jaehn's biggest tracks, is a certified earworm, with an infectious hook courtesy of Miss Li and an undulating bass courtesy of German duo Vize. The track inspires hope in its listeners and will undeniably be on repeat at New Year's Eve parties.
- Close Your Eyes (feat. Miss Li) by Felix Jaehn on SoundCloud ... ›
- FELIX JAEHN (@FelixJaehn) | Twitter ›
- Close Your Eyes, a song by Felix Jaehn, VIZE, Miss Li on Spotify ›
- Felix Jaehn - Close your eyes. Make a wish. | Facebook ›
- Felix Jaehn & VIZE - Close Your Eyes (ft. Miss Li) - YouTube ›
- Felix Jaehn & VIZE Team Up for 'Close Your Eyes' feat. Miss Li ›
- Felix Jaehn & VIZE feat. Miss Li - Close Your Eyes - YouTube ›
- Felix Jaehn & VIZE – Close Your Eyes Lyrics | Genius Lyrics ›
- Felix Jaehn, VIZE - Close Your Eyes (Official) ft. Miss Li - YouTube ›
Protest music aside, there is a slew of good underground music out today
An invigorating slew of protest music hit the shelves today.
Detroit-based emcee Tee Grizzley collaborated with Queen Naija and the Detroit Youth Choir to craft a melodic ballad that attempts to open up a dialogue with police. Meanwhile, alt-Jazz pioneer Terrace Martin took a different approach in his collaboration with Denzel Curry, Daylyt, G Perico, and Kamasi Washington, with "Pigs Feet" being more of an angry f*ck you than an attempt at communication.
After a week of silence, Kanye's actions speak louder than words.
After remaining silent for several days, Kanye West has donated $2 million to organizations associated with Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor, and George Floyd.
He'll also be supporting Black-owned businesses in Chicago and will cover legal expenses for the Arbery and Taylor families. Additionally, he's started a college fund for Floyd's daughter, Gianna.
- Kanye West Encourages The Black Eyed Peas To Rest In Peace ... ›
- Celebrate Easter with Kanye West, Mariah Carey, and Tyler Perry ... ›
- Watch Kanye West Yell At Disabled Fans To 'Stand Up' At Yeezus ... ›
- Kanye West took to Twitter to say he's staying out of politics - Popdust ›
- Kanye West Gives Rambling Monologue to Trump in Oval Office ... ›
- All you need to know about Kanye West - music to family - Popdust ›
- Kanye West's Dictionary Game Is a New Way to Start Arguments ... ›
- Is Kanye West Starting a Cult? Know the Signs - Popdust ›
- Kanye West is a billionaire. ›
- Kim Kardashian, Kanye West Take Hawaii—And Not A Paparazzi In ... ›