Dean Cain is no longer allowed to have anything to do with Superman. We're retconning him out.
Is it possible for an actor to be so obnoxious that he harms the character he portrays? If so, then Dean Cain has been doing his best in recent years to kill Superman.
Cain's fame peaked in the 1990s when he starred alongside Teri Hatcher in ABC's Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman, which aired for four seasons from 1993 to 1997.
At the time he seemed like an ideal embodiment of the man of steel. He was handsome and charming–with that great Superman hair. He was also a genuine athlete, having once been signed to the NFL's Buffalo Bills—though a knee injury kept him from ever playing with the team. Little did we know at the time that his disarming smile was hiding a garbage personality.
It's been four grueling years of no new music from Rihanna.
The world's wealthiest female musician hasn't been making a lot of music lately.
It's officially been four years since our majesty Robyn Rihanna Fenty released her eighth and most recent album, ANTI. That's not to say she hasn't been busy—she is running her own lines of makeup and lingerie, after all.
But no matter how successful, Rihanna's recent business and acting endeavors could never satisfy our need for her music. A lot has happened since January 2016, and we're long overdue for another record to soundtrack all our bad b*tch and sad b*tch moments.
To evidence just how much time has passed, here are 27 things that have happened since Rihanna released ANTI.
- Leonardo DiCaprio won his first Oscar.
- Prince and David Bowie died just months apart from each other.
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt divorced.
- One Direction broke up, and each member released a solo album.
- Kim Kardashian was robbed in Paris.
- Beyoncé debuted her visual album Lemonade on HBO.
- Ryan Lochte lied about being robbed in Rio.
- Donald Trump was elected president of the United States.
- Ariana Grande organized her One Love Manchester benefit concert in less than two weeks.
- The #MeToo hashtag took flight.
- Beyoncé pulled out of her Coachella headline slot because she was pregnant with twins. She made up for it the next year with arguably the best, most detailed festival performance of all time.
- Beyonce and JAY-Z made an album together and rented out the f--king Louvre.
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle got engaged, married, had a baby, and essentially resigned from the Royal Family.
- The Snapchat hotdog took over the world.
- Peppa Pig also took over the world.
- Kendall Jenner starred in both a really tone-deaf Pepsi commercial and a really weird Lil Dicky music video.
- Kris Jenner welcomed five new grandchildren who will never have to work a day in their lives. One of whom is Rob Kardashian's daughter with Blac Chyna, who also has a child with Tyga, the ex of Rob's half-sister Kylie Jenner.
- Taylor Swift was reportedly transported in a massive suitcase.
- The first Women's March took place.
- Bobby Berk did the absolute most for the least amount of recognition when the Queer Eye reboot hit Netflix.
- Pete Davidson started dating Ariana Grande, got engaged to Ariana Grande, broke up with Ariana Grande, dated Kate Beckinsdale, dated Kaia Gerber...am I missing anyone?
- Ariana Grande released the two best albums of her career just months apart.
- Cardi B threw a shoe at Nicki Minaj.
- The Jonas Brothers reunited and two of them got married.
- In just 10 days, a stock photo of an egg dethroned Kylie Jenner for the most-liked photo on Instagram.
- The U.S. Women's Soccer team won the World Cup.
- In an absolutely iconic power move, Rihanna mentioned in a cover story for Vogue that she and Drake are no longer friends.
GTY 588698950 S SPO OLY BRA Getty Images
- 7 Of the Best Anti-War Songs - Popdust ›
- Rihanna Rolling Stones trump song use stop - Popdust ›
- Why Beyonce’s Lemonade Was One of the Best Pieces of Art Ever Made - Popdust ›
His face speaks to the pain and fear of renewed hope.
America cannot help itself when it comes to Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston.
Emma McIntyre/Getty Images
Anytime they're in the same room together, a series of sirens immediately goes off in the offices of various tabloids and celebrity magazines. A familiar race kicks off to publish an updated carbon copy of a thousand previous articles with a handful of new pictures and some wild speculation about the two of them getting back together.
It's been happening since they divorced, 15 years ago, but has obviously accelerated since they both became single—Aniston having divorced Justin Theroux in 2017, while Pitt and Angelina Jolie finalized their prolonged divorce process last summer. We seem to have collectively decided that we all know these celebrities' lives better than they know themselves.
The story goes like this: Brad and Jen should never have broken up. The early 2000s were clearly the happiest time in both their lives, and the whole mess in 2005 was just one big misunderstanding orchestrated by Jolie's evil seduction on the set of Mr. and Mrs. Smith. We want them to need each other, and we need them to want to get back together. How we pieced together the entirety of their private lives through telephoto lenses and third-hand rumors remains a mystery, but we've done it, and we know what's best for them. We just know.
Emma McIntyre/Getty Images
That's what makes the strange man lurking in the background of their latest interaction so upsetting. It's unclear what his role at the SAG Awards was—a member of security? Event staff? Brad and Jen were nominated for their performances in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood and The Morning Show—they both won—but what is this tall, broad shouldered stranger doing there? He seems designed to project strength, but he just can't. Not with the scene that's unfolding before him—with Jen's hand pressing against Brad's chest, Brad holding her wrist as if to make that touch linger a little longer. The strange man lurking in the background is allowing his pain to show through his façade of strength. He is wounded. Wringing his hands. He's been burned by this hope before—allowed himself to feel a glimmer of love again through the imagined restoration of this lost, perfect couple.
And now Brad has quit drinking and settled the custody dispute with Jolie. We can't help but wonder if he is finally mature enough to be stable and strong for Jen—who is two years out from her second marriage and looked as amazing as ever in a sheer, silvery-white dress. And there in the background, those pleading eyes are staring at Brad Pitt, begging him not to hurt us again. Don't hold onto her hand like that if you don't mean it. Don't look into her shining eyes with that charming smile if you aren't ready to commit to an entire country full of desperate shippers.
I don't know who the large, sad man in these pictures is, but I don't need to, because we are all him, and he is us—wanting to believe in love again, but so frightened of being hurt.
Emma McIntyre/Getty Images
- Billy Bob Thornton Denies Cheating With Amber Heard - Popdust ›
- Want To Look Younger Without Surgery? Dr Youn Tells You How ... ›
- The Golden Globes Nominated No Female Directors Again - Popdust ›
- Did Brad Pitt Have A Facelift Or Is He Just Magic? - Popdust ›
- Wedding Wednesday—5 Facts About The Jason Biggs And Jenny ... ›
- How Real Is Brad Pitt—Plastic Fantastic Or Au Naturel? - Popdust ›
- Brad Pitt And George Clooney? - Popdust ›
- Before They Were Stars—Brad Pitt Pre-Fame Jobs - Popdust ›
- Watch Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston Reunite and Win BIG! | SAG ... ›
- Jennifer Aniston, Brad Pitt's red carpet run-in 15 years after breakup ... ›
- SAG Awards: Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston share moment after ... ›
- Jennifer Aniston, Brad Pitt 'flirtatious at times' following Christmas ... ›
- Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston Had the Sweetest Reunion at the ... ›
- Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston reunited at the SAG Awards ›
- Jennifer Aniston and Brad Pitt Relationship Timeline from Dating to ... ›
- Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston: Let's not project our feelings onto the ... ›
- Brad Pitt! Jennifer Aniston! SAG Awards! Here is everything we know! ›
- The Truth About Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston's Current Relationship ›