Trump may not read, but he does love to recommend books.
It's well-known that Donald Trump doesn't read.
Admittedly, reading can be hard in the social media age of distraction and SparkNotes. Maybe if you're the president of the entire United States, you should perhaps read–but who are we to judge?
The president is the author of more than eight books and has sporadically mentioned and tweeted about a few of his favorite reads, which include Unlikeable: The Problem with Hillary Clinton and Box of Butterflies, a motivational book about finding the "unexpected blessings" all around us. This list also contains many, many books about the so-called Trump "witch hunt." Most of the books merely rehash pro-Trump propaganda points, but really, they speak for themselves.
All of them come from different places—comments, speeches, Twitter endorsements—so it's not entirely apparent whether or not Trump has read these books. Either way, they provide a fascinating window into the president's mind, which seems to be some kind of echo chamber or hall of mirrors, constantly reflecting his own voice back to him.
1. Unlikeable: The Problem With Hillary, Ed Klein
Donald Trump absolutely loves this book about Hillary Clinton. Of course, he's still reading obsessively about her even years after 2016. Edward Klein is a gossip columnist-turned-New York Times Magazine editor, but he seems to have channeled his obsessions into peeling apart the Clintons, who, admittedly, are quite scandal-ridden.
- Donald Trump's Year of Reading: Here are the books the president ... ›
- Trump vs Obama: Presidential Book Recommendations Compared ... ›
- The President Who Doesn't Read - The Atlantic ›
- The Obama reading list compared with Trump's (opinion) - CNN ›
- Trump's reading list: 11 books the president plugged in 2019 ›
- Obama's and Trump's summer reading lists ›
- 10 Books Donald Trump Loves | National News | US News ›
- The presidential library: 10 books Trump recommended this year ... ›
Bandcamp is waiving revenue shares today, and you should support POC artists.
Today is another Bandcamp Friday, meaning until midnight tonight, the platform will be waiving revenue shares and letting artists take 100 percent of profits.
Now more than ever, as Black Lives Matter protests occur around the world, it's extremely important to lift marginalized voices. The music industry has repeatedly erased Black voices throughout history, despite the fact that most mainstream genres were invented by Black people.
Say my name, say my name.
Does anyone else think that Candyman—the supernatural killer who appears when you say his name in the mirror three times—sounds like a real daddy?
Directed by Nia DaCosta and produced by Jordan Peele, Candyman returns with a new trailer featuring the deep, big daddy-energy voice of Tony Todd, who reprises his iconic role once again.
As a creepy remix of Destiny's Child's "Say My Name" plays in the background, Candyman says, "I am the writing on the wall." His voice is so deep, so clear, so...enticing. He continues: "The sweet smell of blood. Be my victim."
We kind of get it. Like, yes daddy. If saying Candyman's name in the mirror three times is all it takes to get him into your home, like, maybe worth?
- Poster Art Arrives for Nia DaCosta's 'Candyman'; Trailer Coming ... ›
- This is how to see Candyman before trailer ›
- CANDYMAN Trailer Teasers (2020) Jordan Peele Horror - YouTube ›
- Jordan Peele's 'Candyman' Confirmed and Set for 2020 Release ... ›
- Candyman Movie Trailer Teased Ahead of the Official Release This ... ›
- Jordan Peele Reveals New 'Candyman' Trailer | The Source ›
- Candyman 2020 trailer, cast and more ›
- Jordan Peele's Candyman (2020) Will Have CANDYWOMAN ... ›
- 'Candyman' 2020 trailer, release date, cast, plot for the Tony Todd ... ›