We ruined our browser history to bring you the best the freaky web had to offer.
Shame, intrigue, and human connection are the pillars of Internet culture.
At least, those are lies we tell ourselves when we don't want to admit that all media is driven by loneliness, sex, and absurdity. While Internet rabbit holes are lovely, dark, and deep—exactly like that Robert Frost poem, an Anselm Kiefer painting, or puberty—some stories just keep on giving. Our ace Popdust staff has curated the best the freaky web had to offer this past week, gladly sacrificing time spent with loved ones, our ability to be appropriate at dinner parties, and our inner peace of mind. Here are this week's Internet gems:
Here's a fully active subreddit with over 50,000 subscribers entirely dedicated to looking at pictures of mirrors that are for sale somewhere. Mind you; the posters are not necessarily selling the mirrors themselves. They're just sharing pictures of them.
3. Imagine Beta O'Rourke in Sigma Alpha Epsilon
Yes, that's Beto O'Rourke's head photo-shopped onto a frat kid's body. It rocks because people will literally vote for a candidate because he's handsome.
The perks are endless: 100% buyer satisfaction, free delivery in 4 days, and step-by-step instructions how to activate and use your authentic Voodoo Doll, which was "individually handmade by the Witches of the Coven of Rosen who are Witches by birthright. They have not made up some coven or joined one." With "more than 93% sold," this is your last chance to own an authentically evil doll instead one of Mattel's manufactured ones, like creepy Little Mommy or Barbie.
Dumb criminals wearing dumpster masks to their crime scenes is as common as celebrities turning out to be criminals, but Edward "Fast Eddie" Wilburn is special. As Deputy Bruce Milne said, "Wilburn might have gotten away with it if he didn't scout the store first and then return wearing the Spider-Man mask to rob the store."
POP⚡DUST | Read More...
- Frank Ocean and the Dark, Disgusting Hole of the Internet ›
- Interview: Kitty Pryde On Danny Brown, Bizarre Rumors And Which ... ›
Black people can't feel safe in America just by playing Pokemon or building LEGOs.
During times of hardship, we tend to gravitate towards nostalgia as a form of comfort and escapism.
Playing Pokemon games or building LEGO sets can transport us back to a time when life felt less complicated, but the sad truth is that those simpler times were always an illusion, and not every child had the privilege of living in that sort of bubble.
- How PokemonGO is Exemplifying Corporate Coronavirus Response ... ›
- Nintendo Switch Games to Play in Quarantine While You Wait for the ... ›
- Pokemon Day Brings Greninja Love, Mewtwo Raid, and Zarude the ... ›
- LEGO Donates $4 Million USD Racial Equality Education | HYPEBAE ›
- Lego donates $4million to fight racism amid George Floyd protests ... ›
- Pokémon Donates $100k To Both NAACP And Black Lives Matter ... ›
- Black Lives Matter protests continue for a third day in Marion Square ... ›
- The games industry continues to come together to support ... ›
- Russia used Pokémon Go in an effort to inflame racial tensions - The ... ›
- Pokemon Go Studio Announces Black Lives Matter Donations ... ›
- The Pokémon Company donates $200,000 to Black Lives Matter ... ›
- Games industry donates to Black Lives Matter and more to support ... ›
- Pokemon Donates $200,000 to Black Lives Matter and NAACP ›