Everyone loves a villain.
Justin Bieber has remixed Billie Eilish's hit "Bad Guy," adding his disorientingly high-pitched vocals to the 17-year-old's slightly terrifying bop.
This seems like a clear attempt on Eilish's part to skyrocket her most popular song to the top of the charts, and it just may work. Unfortunately, Bieber's voice is sexy, even though you kind of wish he had stopped singing around 2012 because watching his innocence fade slowly over time felt like a crushing blow on top of our own coming-of-age angst; also, the fact that Eilish was a superfan and now they're collaborating is pretty satisfying for any former Belieber. This version is actually better than the original, maybe because you can feel both singers' egos leaking through the sound, saturating you with a creepy, glossy feeling that reeks of money and child-star nihilism.
In many ways, "Bad Guy" is the perfect song for Bieber right now. He's been the subject of a great deal of criticism for being, well, a bad guy—from collaborating with abuser Chr*s Br**n to defending Scooter Braun against Taylor Swift's tearful accusations to being slammed by Emma Portner, a former choreographer who argued that he was a sexist asshole who paid his staff next to nothing. This song feels like Bieber throwing up his arms and shouting, "Well, f**k it, I guess I am a terrible person, but you're still going to buy my music and listen to my songs, because part of you also feels like you're a terrible person, and there's something cathartic about listening to someone else fully own their sh**tiness." Well, maybe not the last part—he may well also be thinking, "This is all in the name of Jesus."
Still, in this world where climate change is literally preparing to decimate us all and most of us are doing nothing, it's not hard to feel like a terrible person. At least when New York City goes under, we'll have Billie Eilish and Justin Bieber to bop along to until the waves go over our heads.
Billie Eilish - bad guy (with Justin Bieber) [Audio] www.youtube.com
- Billie Eilish - bad guy (ft. Justin Bieber) - Entertainment News - Gaga ... ›
- Billie Eilish reveals how Justin Bieber hilariously slid into her DMs ... ›
- Billie Eilish - bad guy (feat. Justin Bieber) : popheads ›
- Billie Eilish Taps Justin Bieber For "Bad Guy" Remix - BreatheHeavy ... ›
- Billie Eilish – bad guy (Remix) Lyrics | Genius Lyrics ›
- Billie Eilish and Justin Bieber Expected to Drop 'Bad Guy' Remix ›
- Billie Eilish teases Justin Bieber for next possible collab, denies new ... ›
- Billie Eilish 'Bad Guy' Remix: Fans Think Justin Bieber Is Due To ... ›
- Justin Bieber May Be Joining His No. 1 Fan, Billie Eilish, For A New ... ›
- Are Billie Eilish and Justin Bieber Collaborating On a "Bad Guy ... ›
Sincere, vulnerable, and seductive.
Australian DIY pop artist Airports, AKA Aaron Lee, releases "U FEEL IT 2," following on the heels of his dreamy lo-fi banger, "Don't Sleep Anymore."
Aaron explains the double entendre of the song, "It started out being written as a song about a haunting relationship with depression in contrast to uplifting music, but when some of the lyrics started to spill out I realized I was also writing about positive romantic feelings for my partner." Featuring bleeding synths, blushing harmonies, and Aaron's velvety falsetto, "U FEEL IT 2" is a perfect summer anthem.
U Feel It 2