The steady beat of the West Coast.
Vancouver Island-based Carmanah release their latest single/music video, entitled "Best Interests."
Carmanah's sound, called "West Coast Soul" by producer Gus Van Go, amalgamates roots, alt-rock, and blues. Vocalist Laura Mina Mitic's lustrous tones give the lyrics a polished sound: "We will run / We'll be ocean bound / In the night / I've got your best interests in mind."
- Carmanah | Videos | Sofar Sounds ›
- Carmanah - "Roots" - YouTube ›
- Carmanah's stream on SoundCloud - Hear the world's sounds ›
- Carmanah ›
- @currentswell and @carmanahband hitting... - Hume Hotel & Spa ›
- Carmanah (@carmanahband) | Twitter ›
- Carmanah - Home | Facebook ›
- Carmanah ›
- CARMANAH (@carmanahband) • Instagram photos and videos ›
Is Black Out Tuesday really "an urgent step of action to provoke accountability and change"?
On Friday, May 29th, as protests ripped across the nation, a message began to circulate through social media, asking that the music industry disconnect from the Internet for a day.
The post called this "an urgent step of action to provoke accountability and change."
This is part of an initiative created by Atlantic Records' Jamila Thomas and Platoon's Brianna Agyemang, who launched it alongside several calls to action. "Tuesday, June 2nd is meant to intentionally disrupt the work week," they wrote. "The music industry is a multi-billion dollar industry. An industry that has profited predominantly from Black art. Our mission is to hold the industry at large, including major corporations + their partners who benefit from the efforts, struggles and successes of Black people accountable. … This is not just a 24-hour initiative. We are and will be in this fight for the long haul. A plan of action will be announced."
"This song was my truth that I wanted to get out"
L.A.-based singer-songwriter Courtney Paige Nelson debuts "Sorry I'm Not Perfect," the first single from her forthcoming EP, 28.
Nelson might look familiar to some; she was a competitor on Tyra Banks' reality TV hit America's Next Top Model. On her first single, her sensual vocal drips with jazz tones over the song's undulating melody. Describing the song as "extremely personal," Nelson reveals, "This song was my truth that I wanted to get out, after going through an extremely rough breakup. I guess you could call it therapeutic closure. I decided to call it "Sorry I'm Not Perfect" because the last thing he said to me was: It's not his fault he found a girl who was perfect. Referencing the girl he cheated on me with."
Sorry I'm Not Perfect.
- Courtney Paige Nelson Pictures, Photos & Images - Zimbio ›
- Courtney | Courtney Paige Nelson in LA instagram @rubyjamesp ... ›
- Courtney Nelson - IMDb ›
- Courtney Paige Nelson - Bio, Facts, Family | Famous Birthdays ›
- ANTM Courtney Nelson interview | EW.com | EW.com ›
- Courtney Nelson | America's Next Top Model | Fandom ›
- Courtney Paige Nelson on Spotify ›
- Courtney Paige Nelson - 'Hurt' (Live Session) - YouTube ›
- Courtney Paige Nelson - Home | Facebook ›
- Courtney Paige Nelson (@courtneypaigenelson) • Instagram photos ... ›