From flattening to high impact sports bras, find the perfect fit for you - right here
When it comes to breasticles, some of us are blessed with more real estate than we need - or want.
Within the genderqueer community, feeling even slightly more comfortable in one's body can improve mental health and security. Wearing binders is always an option. But - aside from the extra cost - they come with a bunch of scary safety restrictions. Like, don't wear over 8 hours a day, no strenuous exercise, and how the hell to find the precise fit - try never.
But what if you want to live your life unhindered by your breast size and be a sporty human? Deadlift weights? Hot yoga? Chase after every cute dog trotting by on the street?! The right sports bra can go a long way to make you feel comfortable in your skin, without the high maintenance and physical risks of a binder. However, you gotta know what to shop for.
The best sports bras offer support and "compression" features. Avoid models that have extra padding or shaping cups, especially if they're not removable. Most bras with "maximum support" can form a "uni-boob" that only makes your chest look bigger.
So, we're highlighting the best sports bras for nonbinary, genderqueer, trans, or any category of all-inclusive fashion (including plus sizes)!
- Flattening Sports Bras 2017 — Qwear | Queer Fashion Platform ›
- 10 Androgynous Lingerie Brands | The Lingerie Addict ›
- I Actually Wore a Bra for a Week and Felt at Odds With My Queerness ›
- Sports Bra Celebrates One Year Of Silver Lake Parties for LGBTQ ... ›
- Flattening Sports Bras — Qwear | Queer Fashion Platform ›
- The Bra Issue: Queer Fashion Guide For Various Shapes, Sizes and ... ›