One of the most influential musicians of the 20th century, Little Richard passed away on Saturday
It was reported on Saturday that rock legend Little Richard had died in Tennessee at the age of 87.
Born Richard Penniman, Little Richard became famous as a pioneer of rock music in the 1950s, with a series of hits from "Tutti Frutti" to "Long Tall Sally" and "Good Golly Miss Molly." His gospel-inflected singing with energetic piano and gibberish lyrics became emblematic of the era's music, and the iconic rasp of his versatile voice has been emulated by many, but never matched.
- Little Richard, 'Tutti Frutti' and 'Good Golly Miss Molly' singer, dead at ... ›
- Little Richard, one of rock's founding fathers, dead at 87 ›
- Rock 'n' roll legend Little Richard dead at 87 of bone cancer ›
- Little Richard Dead at 87 | Pitchfork ›
- Little Richard, The 'King And Queen' Of Rock And Roll, Dead At 87 ... ›
- Little Richard, a flamboyant architect of rock 'n' roll, is dead at 87 ›
- Little Richard Dead at 87 ›
After posting cryptic messages on her Instagram story, it's clear that many of Azealia Banks's behaviors were a cry for help.
Content warning: This article contains depictions of suicidal ideation.
Eight years ago, Azealia Banks was positioned to be the next big thing in hip-hop.
The Harlem rapper's debut single, "212," had spread through the Internet like wildfire. Banks was only 20 years old at the time and had just left her record label, XL Recordings, due to creative conflicts. Despite being strapped for cash and admittedly depressed, Banks released "212" as a free download from her website. The unforgettable hip-house track would reinvigorate her tumultuous music career.
Songs for the space alien in you.
Space and music work quite well together (indeed, the space opera is a genre in and of itself).
Our desire to connect and commune with extraterrestrials—despite the many, many risks this entails—has frequently melted into our music, intertwining with our longing to connect with others and to find meaning in and beyond the limits of our world. Now that we have proof of aliens via the Pentagon, and particularly because we're all longing for escape during this terrifying time on Earth, could there be a better time to sing out in an attempt to reach the extraterrestrial realm?
- Steve Carrell to star in new Netflix show "space force" - Popdust ›
- Singles Bar: Backstreet Boys, "Lost in Space" - Popdust ›
- American Music Awards 2014—Live Blog, Winners List ... ›
- Imagine Dragons Reimagine Taylor Swift's 'Blank Space'—Watch ... ›
- PREMIERE | L CON reinterpret "Form of Space" in new video ... ›
- Anie Delgado's New Video "Galaxy" Is a Joyride Through the ... ›
- Ariana Grande's 'Break Free' Video Is So Fantastically Fantastical ... ›
- Lena Stone Let's You Into Her "Personal Space" - Popdust ›
- David Bowie's 'Space Oddity' Has a New Video - Popdust ›