We've all been taught to sing "Happy Birthday" twice, but times are tough, and we need a change.
Since the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak reached the U.S., a number of states—including Washington, New York, and California—have called a state of emergency and canceled large gatherings.
Originally scheduled to take place this week, Austin's South by Southwest was canceled for the first time in its 32-year history. Bernie Sanders and Joe Biden both just called off rallies in Ohio due to fears surrounding the virus, while Coachella is in talks to be rescheduled for October. As the number of confirmed cases climbs, more and more employees are working from home. Harvard University is evacuating its dorms for the remainder of the semester. Times are tough.
Still, experts assure us that as long as we're generally healthy, we don't need to worry so much about coronavirus. But with so much media coverage and the reality of quarantine feeling more imminent, what better way to help us through the crisis than with song?
Health officials maintain that the best way to ease the spread of coronavirus is to avoid touching your face and, of course, wash your hands thoroughly–for at least 20 seconds. Singing "Happy Birthday" twice is a tried-and-true method, but times are changing. It's 2020. We need better songs to wash our hands to.
So, here are just a few options to sing to yourself while you get your hands squeaky clean. Go ahead and sing them out loud. We won't judge.
- Much Like BTS, "Black Swan" Is the Song that Keeps On Giving ... ›
- Quarantine Playlist: Songs for the Coronavirus - Popdust ›
- Vietnam's Coronavirus Hand-Washing Song Is a Total Bop ›
- The Dystopian Hellscape of the Charmin Bears Commercials ... ›
- 8 Best Covers From Musicians in Quarantine - Popdust ›
Say my name, say my name.
Does anyone else think that Candyman—the supernatural killer who appears when you say his name in the mirror three times—sounds like a real daddy?
Directed by Nia DaCosta and produced by Jordan Peele, Candyman returns with a new trailer featuring the deep, big daddy-energy voice of Tony Todd, who reprises his iconic role once again.
As a creepy remix of Destiny's Child's "Say My Name" plays in the background, Candyman says, "I am the writing on the wall." His voice is so deep, so clear, so...enticing. He continues: "The sweet smell of blood. Be my victim."
We kind of get it. Like, yes daddy. If saying Candyman's name in the mirror three times is all it takes to get him into your home, like, maybe worth?
- Poster Art Arrives for Nia DaCosta's 'Candyman'; Trailer Coming ... ›
- This is how to see Candyman before trailer ›
- CANDYMAN Trailer Teasers (2020) Jordan Peele Horror - YouTube ›
- Jordan Peele's 'Candyman' Confirmed and Set for 2020 Release ... ›
- Candyman Movie Trailer Teased Ahead of the Official Release This ... ›
- Jordan Peele Reveals New 'Candyman' Trailer | The Source ›
- Candyman 2020 trailer, cast and more ›
- Jordan Peele's Candyman (2020) Will Have CANDYWOMAN ... ›
- 'Candyman' 2020 trailer, release date, cast, plot for the Tony Todd ... ›
Back in my day, we just sang about doin' it.
When it comes to music, it's as if I have a boomer's soul.
Despite falling neatly in the middle of the millennial generation, I was raised on Johnny Cash, Bobby Darin, and the Everly Brothers–which is to say, I understand nothing. Why is Billie EIlish so sad? What does Lizzo dream about? Who said Ed Sheeran was allowed to have a career? What's "DaBaby?" And then there's Harry Styles. Oh, Harry Styles: a beacon of (maybe) bisexual boy band energy and tutu-wearing masculinity. I can dig it. But then he released "Watermelon Sugar." Rolling Stone greeted its arrival by saying "Harry Styles Yearns for Taste of 'Watermelon Sugar.'" They wrote that the "track has the singer nostalgic for 'that summer feeling,' yearning for berries and the taste of watermelon sugar." Aw, so wholesome, so sweet.
Ariana Grande - "Side to Side"
- Harry Styles Releases "Watermelon Sugar" Video - Popdust ›
- The Sexiest Songs of 2020 (So Far...) - Popdust ›
- All The Best Summer Songs From The Last Decade - Popdust ›
- These Are The Most Sexual Food Song Lyrics Of All Time -- Sexual ... ›
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend songs bring the sexual innuendo in “To Josh ... ›
- 'Til the juice runs down my leg: 23 songs that use fruit for sexual ... ›
- Episode 038 - Songs That Are Sexual Innuendos - YouTube ›
- The 40 Most Sexual Hits in Top 40 History | Complex ›
- 25 Surprisingly Dirty Songs That Rank Among Rock And Roll's ... ›
- 69 Songs You Never Realised Were Actually About Sex ›
- Songs About Sex Dirty Lyrics Hidden Sexual Innuendos ›
- 10 songs you didn't know were about sex the first time you heard it ›
- These Are the 13 Most Explicit Sexual Innuendos in Music History ›
- 52 Sex Songs to Add to Your Bedroom Playlist - Best Sexy Songs ›
- The 50 Sexiest Songs Of All Time | Billboard ›
- 40 Best Songs to Have Sex To - Sexiest Songs ›
- 17 Super Sexual Songs That Will Make You Drop Your Panties ... ›