Don't let your Boomer family get you down.
Thanksgiving has always been about food.
We suffer through the awkward small talk and often anti-climactic football games for the sake of the meal that awaits us at the end of the day, and even then that "meal" is representative of ethnic cleansing and genocide. But there are a few other pros that lay outside of gorging yourself on mashed potatoes. The holiday always falls on a Thursday, which means you always have a four day weekend. Black Friday is also the following day, so despite whatever infuriating experiences you may have on Thanksgiving with your family, you can at least rest easy knowing you can go out and buy enough stuff to numb the pain.
These reasons alone are enough to warrant celebration. So while you clench your jaw through what is almost guaranteed to be a painfully long afternoon, why not curate some music to help elevate your mood and remind yourself that a four day weekend of relaxation awaits?
"Thank U" By Alanis Morrisette
- 30 Best Thanksgiving Songs for Your Turkey Day Playlist - Music to ... ›
- Pass The Pie, Cherish The Day: A Thanksgiving Playlist : All Songs ... ›
- 29 Best Thanksgiving Songs for 2019 - Fun Thanksgiving Music ... ›
- 40 Best Thanksgiving Songs for 2019 - Fun Thanksgiving Dinner ... ›
- 30 Best Thanksgiving Songs for Your Playlist 2019 ›
And we have Pusha-T to thank for bringing the family together.
A short lifetime ago, the most-discussed topic of pop culture was the ongoing beef between Drake and Pusha-T.
Drake—Drizzy, Champagne Papi, Canada's finest export—is no newbie to feuds with his contemporaries. But in spring of 2018, just before Drake released his most recent album Scorpion, Pusha went where no opponent had gone before: confirming the longstanding rumor that the "God's Plan" rapper had a child.
Today, Drake finally seems to be owning up to his fatherhood, having shared a handful of photos of his son, Adonis, on Instagram. "I love and miss my beautiful family and friends and I can't wait for the joyful day when we are all able to reunite," Drake wrote in the caption, marking the first time he's posted photos (or directly acknowledged) his two-year-old child. With piercing blue eyes and a full head of blonde ringlets, they don't look much alike (as we've discussed, celebrity genetics are wild), but this proof of parenthood is as good as any. He also included a full-family shot featuring Adonis' mother, French artist Sophie Brussaux.
Whispers of Drake's potential fatherhood have been circulating for years, but no names had been confirmed until Pusha's diss track aimed at Drake, "The Story of Adidon," first surfaced. "A baby's involved, it's deeper than rap," Pusha says on the song. "You are hiding a child, let that boy come home...Adonis is your son / And he deserves more than an Adidas press run; that's real."
Considering how sneaky Drake had been previously about his child, it seems like we very well might have never known about Adonis if it weren't for the diss track. Who knew? Pusha-T: bringing families together since 2020.
Shout out to Pusha T for making Drake a present father https://t.co/JRNJ13gaya— 🧢 Fred (@🧢 Fred)1585565774.0
- Don't Stop the Music: All of Rihanna's 125 Songs, Ranked From ... ›
- Dwayne Johnson Rants About His Fast 8 Co-Stars—The Rock Is ... ›
- Nicki Minaj's 'Only' Lyrics Analysis Uncovers Surprising, Deep ... ›
- Drake's New Jet Proves That Money Doesn't Make You Cool - Popdust ›
- Drake Shares Rare Photo Of His 2-Year-Old Son Adonis | E! News ›
- Drake Shares First Photos of His Son Adonis ›
- Drake shares first photos of son Adonis, says he misses his family ›
- Drake just shared the first picture of his son Adonis ›
- Drake shares first photos of his blond, curly haired son Adonis ›
- Drake Shares Photos of His Son Adonis for the Very First Time ›
- Drake Shares First Photos of Son Adonis With Touching Message: 'I ... ›
- Drake shares first photos of son Adonis on Instagram ›
- Drake shares 1st public photos of son Adonis | Globalnews.ca ›
- Drake Posts Photos of Son Adonis for the First Time ›