Everyone's heard about Drizly - the popular alcohol delivery service that partners with local shops so you can track down the best local prices for beers, wines, or spirits. Find precisely what you need without slogging to every liquor store or wine shop in your neighborhood.
But if you know Drizly, you already know that.
So, while you're waiting for your Drizly order to arrive – in 60 minutes or less! – here are 7 weird and wild facts about your fave bevvies to contemplate:
1. The amount of pure alcohol in your average can of beer, glass of wine, or shot is the same.
2. Milkshakes originally contained booze. In the late 19th century, a milkshake was a rich, frothy mixture of whiskey, eggs, and cream. More like eggnog than the yummy ice cream-based, non-alcoholic shake we love today.
3. Pigeage – the foot-stomping of grapes – is still used in the vinification of artisanal Port wines. Remember Lucille and Ethel in the big vat of grapes? That's what they were doing!
Delivered To Your Door
Beer, Wine, Spirits & More
Get $5 Off Your First Order Today!
4. Russian school teachers were once paid in vodka. During an economic crisis, Siberia couldn't afford to pay teachers' salaries. So the government offered them 15 bottles of vodka – each. Hope that didn't affect their history classes . . .
5. Rose petals can be used in wine-making. Infusing the grapes with handpicked rose petals yields a lovely pink-hued wine. Drizly carries Brooklyn-crafted Dorothy Parker Rose Petal Gin – made with pink and red rose petals and crushed elderberries – mmmmm.
6. Vodka is a great hair conditioner. Who knew? Mixing a shot of vodka in your conditioner may balance your hair's pH and eliminate frizz. Your hair will thank you when it sobers up.
7. They don't call it bubbly for nothing. Each bottle of Champagne has an estimated forty-nine million bubbles.
We hope that made you thirsty. We sure are. Drizly's ready to help and so easy to use. Check this out:
Enter your address in the Drizly app to shop across local liquor stores and find the best price in your area. Then browse by ABV range, country, state, star rating, brand ownership (i.e. Women-owned, Black-owned, Asian-owned, LGBTQ+-owned, etc.), and so much more. You can even get the whole party from Drizly, since they also deliver lemons, limes, ice – the works.
Whether you're throwing a rooftop gathering or a quiet evening in your living room and need a fine Russian vodka, your preferred beer, or even Dorothy Parker swill, Drizly can get it for you – in 60 minutes or less.