And here's why.
You know those movies that have been parodied, memed, and referenced so much that you feel like you've seen them–but you never have and, honestly, why would you bother?
You know that at the end of Taxi Driver Travis Bickle may or may not hallucinate a violent episode, and you've seen people dress up in Robert De Niro's utility jacket, black shades, and weird Roman soldier haircut at every Halloween party you've ever attended. You know that Scarface's Tony Montana screams, "Say hello to my little friend" while wearing a suit with giant lapels and holding a machine gun. How do you know this? No, you've never seen the movie; the fact is that the sheer masterpiece of a few key scenes capturing the climax of a film can overshadow the entire production. Sure, you want to sit down to watch them "one day," but you just never get around to it.
- 25 greatest movie scenes of the last 25 years | For The Win ›
- Best Movie Scenes - Classic Movies ›
- The 40 Most Famous Movie Scenes of All Time | Best Life ›
- 36 Of The Greatest Movie Scenes Ever Made ›
- 30 Iconic Movie Scenes That Were Totally Unplanned ›
- The 25 Most Influential Movie Scenes of the Last 25 Years | Vanity Fair ›