Final Fantasy VII: Remake is mindblowingly meta.
Between the constant revivals of classic franchises and the endless sequels to anything and everything we've ever loved, pop culture of the modern era reeks of soulless cash grabs perfumed in cheap nostalgia.
But amidst an endless sea of crap, Final Fantasy VII: Remake is a different beast entirely. Despite Final Fantasy VII's status as one of the most beloved video games to ever exist, FFVII: Remake isn't content with simply leeching off its title. Rather, this is a rare remake that aims to add metatextual value to the original and, at the same time, justify its own existence. In doing so, FFVII: Remake doesn't just redefine the original FFVII; it redefines what a remake can be.
- Every Event You Were Excited For Is Now Canceled Thanks to ... ›
- Nintendo Switch Games to Play in Quarantine While You Wait for the ... ›
- The New "Final Fantasy VII Remake" Key Art Says So Much In One ... ›
- New Final Fantasy 7 Remake Trailer Makes It Hard To Decide ... ›
- The "Final Fantasy VII Remake" Demo Is Pure Joy - Popdust ›
- 4 Underrated Video Games That Deserve a Remake - Popdust ›
- The 20 Most Insane Demons in "Shin Megami Tensei 3: Noctourne" - Popdust ›
- The 9 Best JRPGs of the PS4 Era - Popdust ›
- The 9 Best JRPGs of the PS1 Era - Popdust ›
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake Ending Explained - IGN ›
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake Ending Explained: Whispers of a New ... ›
- Let's talk about the ending of the Final Fantasy VII Remake ›
- FF7 Remake's Ending Explained And What It Means For Part 2 ... ›
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake's confusing ending explained - CNET ›
- Let's Talk About Final Fantasy VII Remake's Mind-Boggling Ending ›
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake Ending explained: What it means and the ... ›
There are Switch games other than Animal Crossing, you know?
With Animal Crossing functioning as a substitute for pretty much every aspect of real life during quarantine, chances are that you're already living on your own virtual island.
Considering the massive Nintendo Switch shortage (that's still going on months into quarantine!), there's also a decent chance that you bought the console specifically to play Animal Crossing: New Horizons. But as anyone who has logged 300 plus hours into the game already knows, you eventually reach a point where you've done practically everything you can possibly do on your island...at least until the next day.
- The Worst Animal Crossing Villagers, Ranked - Popdust ›
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Is a Blueprint for Functional ... ›
- People Are Going on Dates in the "Animal Crossing: New Horizons ... ›
- “Animal Crossing: New Horizons” Lets Villagers Join the Biden Campaign - Popdust ›
Sometimes you've just got to get yourself that Winter Candy Apple and Iced Gingerbread.
I hope Jen from Appleton, Wisconsin is doing well these days.
As for Angela, the star of the best Bath & Body Works rant of all time (and there are surprisingly many on YouTube), I hope she's living a Winter Candy Apple-scented life to the fullest.
In 2012, the aspiring vlogger posted a rant about her dire mission to acquire two coveted candles from Bath & Body Works: Winter Candy Apple and Iced Gingerbread. The outstanding 11-minute video recounts her harrowing journey to the store in APPLETON, WISCONSIN (it's very important the store is called out for their heinous treatment of Angela).
After the video was discovered and spread across Tumblr, it was recognized as a cultural masterpiece of our time, a treatise on the frailty of the human condition and our undying perseverance to end our own suffering at any cost.
- CANDLE DAY - December 5, 2020 | National Today ›
- This Woman is So, So Angry at Bath & Body Works ›
- Insane Bath & Bodyworks Candle Rant Gets the Reenactment It ... ›
- Here's a Reenactment of the Best Bath & Body Works Rant of All Time ›
- Jen From Appleton Bath And Body Works Review ›
- Jen From The Appleton Bath & Body Works ›
It's an unprecedented time for brand deals and nonsensical collaborations
I'm convinced that the Supreme Oreos that terrorized the internet (and which I haven't stopped thinking about since) were the cultural reset.
Released in February 2020, right as everything started to go wrong, these bright red Supreme Oreos were met with equally visceral confusion and anticipation. Despite many on the internet claiming that Supreme and Oreo had gone too far, the 3-pack of Oreos inevitably sold out in minutes online.
It seems Oreo have not learned their lesson. Just announced: their collaboration with Lady Gaga
- Lady Gaga and BLACKPINK Share New Song "Sour Candy" - Popdust ›
- Lady Gaga Releases "Chromatica" Album Cover, Raises $35 Million ... ›
- Lady Gaga Reclaims Her Dance Floor On "Chromatica" - Popdust ›
Life is short, go for a bold eye like Jules.
From Rue's grungy over-sized aesthetic to Jules' femme futuristic looks, there are plenty of outfits shown throughout the series to inspire you to reinvent your whole wardrobe. Not to mention the makeup looks, which are so unique and striking as to have inspired hundreds of Halloween costumes last year. But why reserve a neon eye shadow or sequin eyelid look for Halloween when you can channel your inner Maddie or Jules all year long?
Euphoria Season 2 may be a few months away, but HBO is releasing two special episodes much sooner. The first of these specials, "Trouble Don't Last Always," focuses on Rue (played by Zendaya) and just dropped on HBO Max. To celebrate, we've listed some of the most essential cosmetic products to help you make your Euphoria-inspired makeup dreams come true—no drugs required.
- How to Do 'Euphoria' Makeup for Halloween 2019 | Glamour ›
- I wore ONLY Euphoria makeup for a week. (MTV meetings, dates ... ›
- All Those Beautiful “Euphoria” Makeup Looks Are | Into The Gloss ›
- 'Euphoria' Head Makeup Artist Shares Why You've Never Seen ... ›
- 'Euphoria' season one's best eye makeup looks - Insider ›
Here's what to stream this weekend.
If you're anything like us, you're probably overwhelmed by the sheer number of albums being released on a weekly basis.
Popdust's weekly column, Indie Roundup, finds the five best albums coming out each week so that you don't have to. Every Friday, we'll tell you what's worth listening to that might not already be on your radar.