Final Fantasy VII: Remake is mindblowingly meta.
Between the constant revivals of classic franchises and the endless sequels to anything and everything we've ever loved, pop culture of the modern era reeks of soulless cash grabs perfumed in cheap nostalgia.
But amidst an endless sea of crap, Final Fantasy VII: Remake is a different beast entirely. Despite Final Fantasy VII's status as one of the most beloved video games to ever exist, FFVII: Remake isn't content with simply leeching off its title. Rather, this is a rare remake that aims to add metatextual value to the original and, at the same time, justify its own existence. In doing so, FFVII: Remake doesn't just redefine the original FFVII; it redefines what a remake can be.
- Every Event You Were Excited For Is Now Canceled Thanks to ... ›
- Nintendo Switch Games to Play in Quarantine While You Wait for the ... ›
- The New "Final Fantasy VII Remake" Key Art Says So Much In One ... ›
- New Final Fantasy 7 Remake Trailer Makes It Hard To Decide ... ›
- The "Final Fantasy VII Remake" Demo Is Pure Joy - Popdust ›
- 4 Underrated Video Games That Deserve a Remake - Popdust ›
- The 20 Most Insane Demons in "Shin Megami Tensei 3: Noctourne" - Popdust ›
- The 9 Best JRPGs of the PS4 Era - Popdust ›
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake Ending Explained - IGN ›
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake Ending Explained: Whispers of a New ... ›
- Let's talk about the ending of the Final Fantasy VII Remake ›
- FF7 Remake's Ending Explained And What It Means For Part 2 ... ›
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake's confusing ending explained - CNET ›
- Let's Talk About Final Fantasy VII Remake's Mind-Boggling Ending ›
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake Ending explained: What it means and the ... ›