Are you bored in your house? So are these artists.
Stars, they're just like us—stuck in their homes and probably pretty bored.
Here in the states, we're going on a month and a half of practicing social distancing. We could very well go the rest of 2020 without being able to safely attend large gatherings like concerts, which is a huge bummer for both musicians and their fans. Thankfully, plenty of singers have turned to the magic of the Internet to help us get our live music fix, and there's nothing that spices things up quite like a good cover of somebody else's song.
The Offspring - “Here Kitty Kitty,” made famous by Tiger King
- 22 Ways to Become a Climate Activist Without Even Putting on Pants ... ›
- Review: On “The New Toronto 3,” Tory Lanez Reflects On His ... ›
- The 5 Worst Celebrity Responses to Coronavirus - Popdust ›
- he's just not that into ›
- 4. The Gene: An Intimate History by Siddhartha Mukherjee - Popdust ›
- Popdust - Music Lists ›
- Demi Lovato Stumbles Into Her Boyfriend's Instagram Live - Popdust ›
- Songs to Wash Your Hands To - Popdust ›
- Best Books to Read While Quarantined - Popdust ›
- Quarantine Playlist: Songs for the Coronavirus - Popdust ›
- Facebook Covers, Find the best covers for your Timeline ›
- 'She Used to Be Mine' From Waitress Covers Ranked: WATCH ›
- Video: Hugh Jackman Covers DEAR EVAN HANSEN From ... ›
- Hey, Kids! Design Your Own Washingtonian Cover About Life Under ... ›
- L.A. Artists Hilariously Recreate 14 Iconic Album Covers To Be ... ›
- Brittany's Top 5 Cover Songs To Help Get You Through Quarantine ›
- Coronavirus travel insurance: What it covers, and what it doesn't ›
- All the best moments from music livestreams during quarantine | EW ... ›
- Glass Animals - Quarantine Covers. Episode 1. (Nirvana - Heart ... ›
SahBabii, UnoTheActivist and more make up this weeks under appreciated releases
Juice WRLD's posthumous release, Legends Never Die, has already sold over 400,000 copies, putting it in the running for the biggest release of 2020.
Meanwhile, Summer Walker confidently returns with a sleek new E.P., Kid Cudi and Marshall Mathers unite for the first time, James Blake quietly dropped a shadowy new track, and H.E.R. added a splash of reggae flavor to her new track "Do To Me." While it was a big week for the mainstream, it was equally as massive for the underground. Upcoming mumble emcee SahBabii's released an infectious collection of wavy, levitative hip-hop, and the iconic Fresh Veggies duo of Casey Veggies and Rockie Fresh return for their second outing. Check out the latest underground releases below.
Schlesinger co-wrote the hit 2003 song "Stacey's Mom," which has embedded itself in the history of pop-rock as an irreverent cult favorite that soundtracked the early aughts.
Founding member of Fountains of Wayne and award-winning songwriter Adam Schlesinger died on Wednesday in upstate New York.
The 52-year-old had been placed on a ventilator after experiencing poor health. Just the day before his death, Fountains of Wayne bandmate Chris Collingwood had taken to Twitter to share Schlesinger's family's statement that "his condition is improving and we are cautiously optimistic." Schlesinger's lawyer Jaime Herman shared their full statement: "Thank you for the outpouring of love for Adam and his family. Adam has been hospitalized with COVID-19. He's on a ventilator and has been sedated to facilitate his recovery. He is receiving excellent care, his condition is improving and we are cautiously optimistic. His family appreciates all of the love and support."
Throughout his career as a producer, engineer, and songwriter, Schlesinger won three Emmy Awards and a Grammy Award for his work, as well as an Oscar nomination for writing the title track for Tom Hank's 1996 film That Thing That You Do. As the bass player of Fountains of Wayne, Schlesinger co-wrote the hit 2003 song "Stacey's Mom," which peaked at No. 21 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. The song has since embedded itself in the history of pop-rock as an irreverent cult favorite that soundtracked the early aughts.
Schlesinger is survived by his two children. If any misguided individuals still question the severity of the coronavirus pandemic, hopefully the music industry's great loss will illustrate its stark reality.
Fountains of Wayne - Stacy's Mom youtu.be
- Fountains of Wayne's Adam Schlesinger Hospitalized With COVID ... ›
- Fountains of Wayne's Adam Schlesinger Hospitalized With COVID-19 ›
- Fountains of Wayne's Adam Schlesinger Looks Back on That Thing ... ›
- Adam Schlesinger Of Fountains Of Wayne In Coma With ... ›
- Fountains of Wayne's Adam Schlesinger Hospitalized With ... ›