The actor/rapper endorsed the Democratic presidential candidate this week.
Donald Glover—the mastermind known for Atlanta, Community, and his musical alias Childish Gambino—has a new side gig.
The rapper/actor/comedian extraordinaire appeared alongside Democratic presidential candidate Andrew Yang this week, fundraising for his campaign by selling collaboration merch at an exclusive pop-up event. The endorsement alone was enough of a shocker, but it doesn't stop there: According to the Hill, Glover has officially signed on as the "creative consultant" for Yang's campaign. We have no idea what the job title entails, but things are bound to get interesting.
Had a blast with Donald Glover today! Big thanks to everyone who came out in L.A.! https://t.co/hk87FuArsS— Andrew Yang🧢 (@Andrew Yang🧢)1576796298.0
If we're just talking musical genres, we can't say this partnership is exactly in line with Yang's goal to be "the first ex-goth president," but to each their own. He's mentioned that he's a huge fan of the Cure and the Smiths, although if the latter's Morrissey were American, he certainly wouldn't be on the Democratic side of things—yikes!
This is America, I guess.
- Donald Glover Named 'Creative Consultant' for Andrew Yang's ... ›
- Donald Glover Endorses Democratic Candidate Andrew Yang ... ›
- Donald Glover to hold campaign event with Andrew Yang | TheHill ›
- Donald Glover Backing Andrew Yang Has the "Yang Gang" Going ... ›
- Donald Glover announces Andrew Yang fundraiser | The FADER ›
- Donald Glover, Andrew Yang Join Forces for L.A. Pop-Up Event ›
- Donald Glover Endorses Andrew Yang for President, a Match Made ... ›
- Andrew Yang Hangs With Donald Glover After Celeb Endorsement ›
- Donald Glover Joins Andrew Yang Campaign as Creative Consultant ›
- Donald Glover Joins Andrew Yang's Campaign ›
The hit musical will drop on Disney+ July 3rd.
Lin Manuel-Miranda's Hamilton has taken the theater world by storm since its 2015 Broadway premiere.
A hip-hop musical about America's founding fathers doesn't sound immediately appealing, but Manuel-Miranda's brilliant song writing and diverse casting not only captured the attention of audiences, but proved that major change is possible within an art form as encumbered by traditions as musical theater.
Are you tasked with hosting a Halloween party this year? Let us help you with the music.
Howl you doing boys and girls? What's up, my witches?
Spooky season is drawing nearer, and with Halloween falling on a Thursday this year, it means that there is only one weekend to curate a spooktacular party playlist, and one opportunity to throw a fa-boo-lous Halloween party. It is no easy task, but if you want your guests to shake their BOOty, eat, drink, and be scary all night long, Popdust has just the playlist that will give your friends pumpkin' to talk about.
Itsy Bitsy Spider by Carly Simon
Have you ever heard such an elegant and moving interpretation of this spooky nursery rhyme? In this version, I wasn't rooting for the rain to "wash the spider out"; instead, Simon's mash up of the nursery rhyme with her hit "Comin Around Again" paints a darker picture. "I know nothing stays the same, but if you're willing to play the game, it's coming around again," Simon sings. The Spider's journey is a complex one: He is tenacious in his dream of scaling the water spout and is an inspiration to us all. "Nothing stays the same," little Spider, keep climbing. One day, you may just turn your dream into a reality. It's a reminder of our mortality and serves as the perfect song to kick off the night as your guests eat hors d'oeuvres and pour their first cup of spiked punch.
Follow the playlist on Spotify!
- John Carpenter tops our release radar with his new anthology ... ›
- Halloween songs playlist new - Popdust ›
- Halloween Party Mix (Holiday Playlist) - YouTube ›
- 45 Best Halloween Songs of All Time - Halloween Party Playlist for ... ›
- Best Halloween songs: Your spooky party playlist ft. Rihanna, The ... ›
- The Ultimate Halloween Party Playlist ›
- HALLOWEEN PARTY PLAYLIST on Spotify ›
- 40 Best Halloween Songs to Rock Your Costume Party ›