Why #GameFreakLied is trending worldwide
With the launch of Pokemon Sword and Shield only a day away, Pokemon fans are absolutely fuming.
According to them, the long-standing Pokemon development company, Game Freak, lied to them about all sorts of things, and they've taken to Twitter to air out their grievances under #GameFreakLied. But what did Game Freak lie about specifically? Let's find out.
1. Dexit was a result of all new in-game models
Nintendo/ The Pokemon Company
In every other mainline Pokemon game, throughout the entire history of the franchise, all previous Pokemon could be obtained in the newest entry. But, in a move that fans have dubbed "Dexit" (a play on Pokedex and Brexit), Sword and Shield will be lacking over 400 different Pokemon species including favorites like Blastoise, Mewtwo, and Garchomp.
While Game Freak asserted that this was, in part, a practical decision due to the necessity of creating new, updated in-game models of every Pokemon for the Nintendo Switch, fans aren't buying it. Dataminers have synced up newer models with older models from Sun and Moon, seemingly showing that some models were, in fact, reused.
as I'm sure you've seen if you're seeing this tweet, Dataminers have Finally confirmed that they're the same models… https://t.co/0wHg9wMlvi— Theukon-dos Vredzergimi (@Theukon-dos Vredzergimi) 1573619014.0
2. Playing Pokemon will make you popular
Nintendo/ The Pokemon Company
Game Freak has always suggested that playing Pokemon games will help you to become popular. That's why they put such an emphasis on trading and battle, to encourage social interaction, right? Maybe it's time we put this Game Freak lie to rest, too.
Talking about Pokemon games does not necessarily make you friends, and setting all my online dating profile pictures to me holding a giant Pikachu plush does not seem to be upping my game. This is just a blatant marketing tactic by Game Freak to convince lonely, socially anxious people (like myself) to buy yet another product that will increase their social clout.
3. Jeffrey Epstein committed suicide
PORTRAIT OF AMERICAN FINANCIER JEFFREY EPSTEIN (LEFT) AND REAL ESTATE DEVELOPER DONALD TRUMP AS THEY POSE TOGETHER AT THE MAR-A-LAGO ESTATE, PALM BEACH, FLORIDA, 1997. CREDIT: DAVIDOFF STUDIOS/GETTY IMAGES
Game Freak keeps pushing the narrative that Jeffrey Epstein committed suicide, but that's not what the autopsy says.
- The Pokemon Mimikyu Is a Great Metaphor for Autism - Popdust ›
- New Legendary Pokémon in Pokémon Sword and Shield - Popdust ›
- The Pokemon Community Has Gone Toxic Over Sword and Shield ... ›
- Pokemon Sword and Shield Galar Dex Leaked, Cuts Are Brutal ... ›
- "Pokemon Unite": Why Pokemon Fans Will Never Get Their Dream Game - Popdust ›
- 'Pokémon Sword and Shield' introduces new monsters and a Curry ... ›
- Why Are Fans So Upset about Pokémon Sword and Shield ... ›
- Pokémon Sword and Shield's opening is a mix of nostalgia and ... ›
- Game Freak Is Lying About Their Effort For Pokemon Sword and ... ›
- Everything we know about Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield ... ›
- (Very Sad Lies ) - Pokemon Sword and Shield New Models ›
- How Pokémon Sword and Shield's creators balance risk-taking with ... ›
- The Truth About Game Freak (Pokemon Sword and Shield ... ›
- Pokemon Sword and Shield not reusing models, Game Freak claim ... ›
- Game Freak Confirms Models in 'Pokémon Sword and Shield' Aren't ... ›
- Right as Pokemon Sword & Shield are about to arrive, Game Freak ... ›
- GAME FREAK Secret Base for GAME FREAK's 30th Anniversary ... ›
- Pokémon fans rally around Game Freak amid Sword and Shield unrest ›
- Game Freak explains the 1,000 staff, missing creatures, and leek ... ›