Ah, 2012, when things were so much simpler.
It was a simpler time (at least in the sense that we had yet to reckon with our culture's collective failings). Even better, in 2012 no one had heard of murder hornets, having a slight cough didn't make anyone reckon with their mortality, and we were all bumping 1D's break out hit "What Makes You Beautiful." Life was good.
In March of that year, One Direction's hit single was shooting up the charts all over the world, Their album Up All Night was set to hit No. 1 in the United States, and the now iconic boy band stopped by Popdust for an interview.
Zayn had a bizarrely-buttoned shirt on; Louis seemed to be concerned that his hoodie would fall off his shoulders; and Harry, Liam, and Niall all still had their trademark haircuts.
The complicated connotations of a well-intended nickname, brought to you by "Watermelon Sugar."
This week, Harry Styles gifted us with the closest thing we'll get to human contact and summer shindigs for the foreseeable future: his long-awaited music video for "Watermelon Sugar."
Hardly the first sexed-up video to come from Styles, "Watermelon Sugar" shows the former One Direction heartthrob on the beach among a crew of beautiful women as they enjoy the titular fruit, the sunshine, and each other's close company. A song full of sexual innuendos deserves an equally steamy video to match, of course, and Styles has gone so far as to dedicate the "Watermelon Sugar" video to touching.
- Harry Styles: Watermelon Sugar video is 'dedicated to touching' ›
- A model from the 'Watermelon Sugar' music video called Harry ... ›
- 'Watermelon Sugar' Models Say Harry Styles Was The King Of ... ›
- Harry Styles is a “consent king,” according to one of the “Watermelon ... ›
- This Is Why Harry Styles Has Been Called A "Consent King" By One ... ›
It's dedicated to "touching."
We're entering week one bajillion and two of social distancing, meaning many people haven't felt the warm touch of another human being in a very long time.
Some days that feels pretty manageable–enjoyable, even. After all, why shave in quarantine? Your cat isn't going to mind rubbing up against your cactus-calf in bed. But on other days, like the days we watch Normal People on Hulu or the day Jake Gyllenhaal posted that video where he tried to put a shirt on while upside down, it's excruciating.
- Harry Styles' "Lights Up" Is a Bisexual Anthem - Popdust ›
- Harry Styles' Fans Feel Scammed by "Fine Line" Ticket Sales ... ›
- 19 Famous People Who Look Funny with Harry Styles Hair - Popdust ›
- Harry Styles in a Tutu Isn't "Performative Femininity" - Popdust ›
- Harry Styles and Songs That Are 100% Sexual Innuendos - Popdust ›