Michael Scott would want you to move on.
Netflix comedy-bingers are being forced to diversify their comedy diets.
Despite the streaming platform's multi-million dollar deal to keep Friends, Netflix couldn't pull the same strings for the NBC classic The Office. Many fans took to Twitter to vent their dismay, while others praised the Lord, because maybe now people will stop basing their entire personalities on the show.
It's true; there are worthwhile shows other than The Office to fill the void of your empty, meaningless soul. Branch out and explore comedies old and the new! Find new friends through a fictional program! And finally, learn to let go when your imaginary friends outgrow you.
Mike Schur's Staples:
If you're truly an Office fan, then you will have checked out Mike Schur's other ingenious comedy projects. If not, then you're a fraud.
Parks and Recreation
This show is the obvious and safest choice to fill the The Office void in your life. With Parks and Rec, you won't miss the spectacular mockumentary format and the odd but lovable relationships that blossom in the workplace environment. Even better, the show is also set in the Middle of Nowhere, U.S.A. just like The Office!
Parks and Recreation: Chris Pratt Explains The Series In 30 Seconds | Entertainment Weekly www.youtube.com
Runtime: 125 episodes of approximately 22 minutes.
The Good Place
Mike Schur debuted without his writing partner, Greg Daniels, as the only showrunner for The Good Place. The original sitcom king, Ted Danson, flourishes as the "architect" of the version of heaven Ellen Shellstrop (Kristen Bell) is accidentally placed in. Just when the show gets good, it gets better in ways one would never expect. Enjoy!
The Good Place Season 1 Trailer [HD] Kristen Bell, Tiya Sircar, D'Arcy Carden www.youtube.com
Runtime: 39 episodes of approximately 22 minutes. More episodes are coming.
An Oldie, But A Goodie:
Kids these days don't know about the Holy Grail of TV comedy. Ted Danson played the cultural phenomenon Sam Malone, a Red Sox relief pitcher who owned the bar, Cheers! This show practically founded the "will they, won't they" narrative with Sam's iconic on-and-off relationship with Diane (played by Shelley Long), a graduate psychology student turned barmaid. Cheers! became one of the first American sitcoms to explore love and loss while redefining the notion of family— it's simple and epic.
Cheers intro song www.youtube.com
Runtime: 275 episodes of 30 minutes.
You'll never have to worry about Netflix originals disappearing off the platform. Choose one of their many original comedies to enjoy, and then petition after Netflix cancels it.
Grace and Frankie
Imagine, your husband of over 40 years takes you out to dinner with his longtime law partner and his partner's wife. You and the wife are hopeful and confident your husbands are going to announce their retirement. Instead, they tell their wives they are leaving them, for each other.
Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin shine as Grace and Frankie, the two wives in their '70s who have no one in their lives who understand their situation except each other. It's an absurd and hilarious effort to showcase the trials of aging women in the modern era, changing family dynamics, and sisterhood.
Grace and Frankie | Official Trailer [HD] | Netflix www.youtube.com
Runtime: 65 episodes of a variation of 25-35 minutes. More episodes to come.
You know that American Doll puberty book you read when you were 12? No? Does that only apply to women? Well, try to imagine a puberty book that came to life as an animated show starring John Mulaney and Nick Kroll. Are you intrigued? Are you already invested? I thought so. Also, Maya Rudolph voices the Hormone Monstress—I probably should've started with that.
Big Mouth | official trailer (2017) www.youtube.com
Runtime: 21 episodes of a variation of 25-46 minutes. More episodes to come.
American Vandal took mockumentaries to a whole new level by deep diving into the world of high school investigative journalism. The show kicks off with the trial of Dylan Maxwell, a troubled high school senior, who is accused of vandalizing 27 vehicles with phallic images (dicks). The true crime satire showcases what it's really like to be a teen today, using social media to propel the story forward in a ridiculous fashion. Netflix may have cancelled the show after its second season, but American Vandal has already earned its cult status.
American Vandal | Official Trailer [HD] | Netflix www.youtube.com
Runtime: 16 episodes of a variation of 25-42 minutes.
- Why Brooklyn Nine-Nine is the most under-appreciated show on TV ... ›
- 12 Moments from great TV shows that have NOT aged well - Popdust ›
- TV Shows Like The Office | POPSUGAR Entertainment ›
- [REQUEST] Shows like the Office? : NetflixBestOf ›
- Shows Like The Office on Netflix | POPSUGAR Entertainment ›
- 6 Comedies To Watch On Netflix If You Love 'The Office' ›
- Top 6 Shows Like 'The Office' Everyone Should Watch | ReelRundown ›
- 5 Netflix Shows To Watch If You Like 'The Office' | HuffPost ›
- Why We'll Never See Shows Like 'The Office' or 'Friends' Again ›
- 17 TV shows to binge-watch if you still miss 'Friends' | am New York ›
- Netflix Users Spend More Time Streaming 'The Office' Than Other ... ›
Even the most seasoned cringe connoisseurs could never have foreseen the sheer depth of cringe that Krist was capable of sinking to.
"Krist the 30 Year Old Boomer" is actually 37.
He tells us as much in his latest YouTube video, "I Am Done," in which he asserts that after "supporting the gaming companies for as long as I can remember," he is never going to buy another console game in his entire life.
- Keemstar the Grifter: Etika's Suicide and YouTube Drama - Popdust ›
- Joey Salads Peed into His Own Mouth, Now He Wants Your Vote ... ›
- Toxic YouTube Culture Leads to Another Suicide Attempt - Popdust ›
- Corporate Voices Get Behind 'Black Lives Matter' Cause - The New ... ›
- Watch: New YouTube video donates to Black Lives Matter funds for ... ›
- Fans to celebs, influencers: support Black Lives Matter or don't post ... ›
- When your child's favorite YouTube celebrity is a secret racist - The ... ›
- These Brands Aren't Staying Silent on Black Lives – Adweek ›
- Ex-cop urges 'lone wolf patriots' to attack Black Lives Matter activists ... ›
- Netflix, Hulu, HBO Support of Black Lives Matter, George Floyd ... ›