One of the most influential musicians of the 20th century, Little Richard passed away on Saturday
It was reported on Saturday that rock legend Little Richard had died in Tennessee at the age of 87.
Born Richard Penniman, Little Richard became famous as a pioneer of rock music in the 1950s, with a series of hits from "Tutti Frutti" to "Long Tall Sally" and "Good Golly Miss Molly." His gospel-inflected singing with energetic piano and gibberish lyrics became emblematic of the era's music, and the iconic rasp of his versatile voice has been emulated by many, but never matched.
- Little Richard, 'Tutti Frutti' and 'Good Golly Miss Molly' singer, dead at ... ›
- Little Richard, one of rock's founding fathers, dead at 87 ›
- Rock 'n' roll legend Little Richard dead at 87 of bone cancer ›
- Little Richard Dead at 87 | Pitchfork ›
- Little Richard, The 'King And Queen' Of Rock And Roll, Dead At 87 ... ›
- Little Richard, a flamboyant architect of rock 'n' roll, is dead at 87 ›
- Little Richard Dead at 87 ›
Cats are polarizing. Non-cat people vehemently despise the entire species, readily listing the wrongs done to them and loved ones by felines. Meanwhile, cat people feel just as strongly, and are ready to tell you all the ways their cat is smarter, better, prettier, and more fun to be around than you'll ever be. But whether you love them or hate them, you have to admit there isn't anything much better than a funny cat video. So you don't have to waste your time filtering all the non-cat content out of your newsfeed, we've compiled a list of our favorite funny cat videos.
- Top 10 Funny Cat Videos on YouTube ›
- Funny Cat Videos | PawCulture ›
- CATS will make you LAUGH YOUR HEAD OFF - Funny CAT ... ›
- Watch Saturday Night Live Highlight: America's Funniest Cats - NBC ... ›
- You will LAUGH SO HARD that YOU WILL FAINT - FUNNY CAT ... ›
- Funny Cat Videos - Home | Facebook ›
- Top 10 Funny Cat Videos - Funny Cats 2017 - YouTube ›
- 101 SUPER Weird Cats | AFV Funniest Cat Videos 2018 ... ›
- LAUGH SO HARD YOU'LL CRY - Funniest CAT VIDEOS compilation ›
These songs predicted the future.
The future, they say, is dark—not dark as in bad, just dark as in uncertain. But sometimes, people find ways to see in the darkness. Music seems to be one of those ways, and popular music in particular tends to be a harbinger of times to come.
Music's foremost clairvoyants include Leonard Cohen, David Bowie, and Kanye West, all of whom predicted the apocalyptic ennui and digitized realities that would define the future (or, our present). But other artists have had uncanny bursts of foresight inside their songs, envisioning distant political events and even predicting their own deaths. Here are some of music's strangest accurate predictions.