Eclectic avant-garde pop artist serpentwithfeet announced his return today with a new track featuring Ty Dolla $ign.
"Receipts" is a soft-spoken, minimalistic love song, layered with the tightly wound acapella harmonies 30-year-old Josiah Wise has honed since the beginning of his career. "This song carries a lot of weight for me because it's a snapshot of two brothers rhapsodizing about unforeseen romance," the singer said of the track.
The track itself flows in a similar cadence as the singer's previous work. The melody is soothing and inviting, with Wise's voluminous voice pushing the song along, each verse cascading into the next. Ty Dolla $ign is a perfect fit for the slow-burn track and holds his own without overpowering the song's main attraction. "I began writing 'Receipts' when I first moved to Los Angeles last summer," The Brooklyn-based singer said in a statement. "I was and still am mystified by the city—the mountains, the men, the hummingbirds." While it's unclear if "Receipts" will appear on a larger body of work, it's nice to hear the unassuming talents of Josiah Wise back in action.
- Serpentwithfeet releases debut album 'soil' ›
- serpentwithfeet signs to Secretly Canadian, releases new duet with ... ›
- Listen to serpentwithfeet's new song “seedless” | The FADER ›
- serpentwithfeet Announces Debut Album soil, Shares New Song ... ›
- serpentwithfeet ›
- serpentwithfeet Announces Debut Album soil, Releases “bless ur ... ›
- serpentwithfeet New Single 'cherubim' Video Premiere ›
They are two masters at the top of their game—their game just happens to be making fools of themselves.
Once in a generation two titans in their fields go toe-to-toe in a battle that will echo through the ages.
Ali vs. Frazier. Venus vs. Serena. Kasparov vs. Topalov. Now we have a new match to mark down in the annals of history. Not between two great athletes or cunning strategists, but between two of the most unflappably obnoxious ghouls the world of TV punditry has ever known: Rudy Giuliani and Piers Morgan.
In interview after interview they have each proven themselves incapable of allowing others to speak or of recognizing when they're making asses of themselves. No call for civility or reminder of their contradictions will convince either of these mythic figures to back down, apologize, or allow someone else to finish a thought. To see such paragons of interruption and phony outrage sparring over President Trump's disgusting handling of the George Floyd protests—shouting over each other through a delayed video feed—is like watching Baryshnikov and Nureyev stomping on each other's toes.
- Piers Morgan and Rudy Giuliani Have Absolutely Furious Argument ... ›
- Watch Rudy Giuliani and Piers Morgan Argue in TV Interview ›
- Rudy Giuliani Has Heated Exchange with Piers Morgan on Live TV ... ›
- Piers Morgan, Rudy Giuliani in shouting match over Trump: 'You ... ›
- Piers Morgan, Rudy Giuliani in furious debate over Trump: 'You are ... ›
- Piers Morgan, Rudy Giuliani Clash On UK's 'Good Morning Britain ... ›