Don't let your Boomer family get you down.
Thanksgiving has always been about food.
We suffer through the awkward small talk and often anti-climactic football games for the sake of the meal that awaits us at the end of the day, and even then that "meal" is representative of ethnic cleansing and genocide. But there are a few other pros that lay outside of gorging yourself on mashed potatoes. The holiday always falls on a Thursday, which means you always have a four day weekend. Black Friday is also the following day, so despite whatever infuriating experiences you may have on Thanksgiving with your family, you can at least rest easy knowing you can go out and buy enough stuff to numb the pain.
These reasons alone are enough to warrant celebration. So while you clench your jaw through what is almost guaranteed to be a painfully long afternoon, why not curate some music to help elevate your mood and remind yourself that a four day weekend of relaxation awaits?
"Thank U" By Alanis Morrisette
- 30 Best Thanksgiving Songs for Your Turkey Day Playlist - Music to ... ›
- Pass The Pie, Cherish The Day: A Thanksgiving Playlist : All Songs ... ›
- 29 Best Thanksgiving Songs for 2019 - Fun Thanksgiving Music ... ›
- 40 Best Thanksgiving Songs for 2019 - Fun Thanksgiving Dinner ... ›
- 30 Best Thanksgiving Songs for Your Playlist 2019 ›
Post Malone must be stopped.
It's time we face a major collective failing: we've taken well-groomed male pop stars for granted.
We naively thought— no, assumed — given the amount they appear in the public eye, they would continue to occasionally wash their hair and brush their teeth, perhaps even put minor effort into the maintenance of a personal style. When Harry Styles started wearing those weird headbands, we just sat back and took it. When Drake donned your grandma's pajama top, we did not take action. Perhaps we thought Queer Eye could save us, that we would live to see a future in which the French tuck is common knowledge. But that future never came to pass. Our fate only grew darker. Now, we've been punished for our gross negligence:
While Post Malone's "I have no mother, I sprung from a pool of grease in an Arby's parking lot" vibe may appeal to some, his influence is spreading, and even the once adorable have begun to look like the average clientele of a Midwestern 7/11. For example, it's with sadness and remorse that we remember the shining bowl cut and sweet baby face of 2010 Justin Bieber, who now looks like a suburban drug dealer. All we're left with are questions. Did we not cherish him enough? Did we not comment with the heart eyes emoji on enough of his Instagrams? Why does he grow facial hair like a 12 year old embarrassed by his early puberty? IS THIS SELENA GOMEZ'S FAULT?!
It was with trepidation and dread that we clicked a headline this morning that read, "Justin Bieber Got a Face Tattoo!" With tears in our eyes, we considered the possibility that J Beebs has been fully, irrevocably...Maloned. Luckily, as we looked further into the inflammatory claim, we learned that the reported face tattoo is above his left eyebrow, and it's so small that there is controversy over whether it exists at all.
Tattoo artist Bang Bang told Page Six TV that Bieber and girlfriend Hailey Baldwin secretly got couples' tattoos, and Bieber's is on his face. "They each got a tattoo," Bang Bang/Keith said. "Justin's tattoo is on his face, and I haven't seen any photos of it — so he's doing a good job of laying low...It's really thin and delicate. And [it's] also not a traditional couples' tattoo...I don't want to give away what it is until press [sic] gets a hold of it."
While we have to respect a man who was christened Keith and then proceeded to lead such an un-Keith-like life as to be able to unabashedly go by Bang Bang, we do wonder what Keith/Bang Bang was thinking when he tattooed words that are too small to actually read. More importantly, what was Bieber thinking? Is it a choose your own adventure kind of couples' tattoo, meaning Baldwin can decide what romantic thing she wants it to say each day? Or is it so small so that no one except Bieber will know it exists or what it says, raising the question, why get the tattoo at all? Couldn't you just
pretend you have a face tattoo and save yourself the needle to the forehead? Regardless of the motivation, we're relieved that the rat-tail of this generation, the face tattoo, hasn't significantly marred Bieber's once-appealing face.
However, despite this small victory, the war against the Malone effect is still raging. If we don't rally together soon, face tattoos and all that come with them will only become more and more pervasive. Maybe it'll be Shawn Mendez with a beer belly, or Ed Sheeran performing in heather grey sweatpants, or Niall Horan with...facial hair. To prevent this dark future, we urge you to speak out now...before it's too late.
POP⚡DUST | Read More...
- Post Malone Talks New Album, Courtney Love, and COVID-19 on Nirvana Livestream - Popdust ›
- Listen to Post Malone Cover Nirvana Songs Live This Friday - Popdust ›
- A Defense of Face Tattoos (and a Few Cautionary Tales) - Popdust ›
- Justin Bieber has a new face tattoo ›
- Justin Bieber has a new face tattoo - INSIDER ›
- Justin Bieber Gets Face Tattoo for Hailey Baldwin ›
- Justin Bieber got a tattoo on his face and none of us noticed ›
- Justin Bieber's Face Tattoo: Artist Explains Its Meaning ›
- Justin Bieber Face Tattoo - Justin Bieber Got a Couples' Tattoo with ... ›
- Hailey Baldwin on Her 19 Tattoos - YouTube ›
- Justin Bieber Predicted His Engagement To Hailey Baldwin Way ... ›
- Justin Bieber & Hailey Baldwin meeting for the first time is the best ... ›
- Justin Bieber and Hailey Baldwin relationship timeline - INSIDER ›
- Justin Bieber Picked Hailey Baldwin's Engagement Ring Because ... ›
- Justin Bieber and Hailey Baldwin Relationship Timeline From 2009 ... ›
- Hailey Baldwin flaunts engagement ring from Justin Bieber ›