Say my name, say my name.
Does anyone else think that Candyman—the supernatural killer who appears when you say his name in the mirror three times—sounds like a real daddy?
Directed by Nia DaCosta and produced by Jordan Peele, Candyman returns with a new trailer featuring the deep, big daddy-energy voice of Tony Todd, who reprises his iconic role once again.
As a creepy remix of Destiny's Child's "Say My Name" plays in the background, Candyman says, "I am the writing on the wall." His voice is so deep, so clear, so...enticing. He continues: "The sweet smell of blood. Be my victim."
We kind of get it. Like, yes daddy. If saying Candyman's name in the mirror three times is all it takes to get him into your home, like, maybe worth?
- Poster Art Arrives for Nia DaCosta's 'Candyman'; Trailer Coming ... ›
- This is how to see Candyman before trailer ›
- CANDYMAN Trailer Teasers (2020) Jordan Peele Horror - YouTube ›
- Jordan Peele's 'Candyman' Confirmed and Set for 2020 Release ... ›
- Candyman Movie Trailer Teased Ahead of the Official Release This ... ›
- Jordan Peele Reveals New 'Candyman' Trailer | The Source ›
- Candyman 2020 trailer, cast and more ›
- Jordan Peele's Candyman (2020) Will Have CANDYWOMAN ... ›
- 'Candyman' 2020 trailer, release date, cast, plot for the Tony Todd ... ›
Breaking down the bias of comfort films.
With the constant onslaught of complicated news that 2020 has brought, sometimes you just want to be able to shut off your brain, relax, and feel happy.
Enter comfort films. These are the feel-good movies that feel like a warm hug when you finish them, the ones that allow you to escape for a short while. We often turn to these types of films in times of trouble or extreme stress, and when we're not sure what films of this nature we should watch, we turn to the Internet for options.
With Jesus Is King's release date changed once again to this Friday, let's take a look at hip-hop's other infamous releases that never materialized.
Chances are October 25 will come and go without a new album from Kanye West.
We've come to expect being disappointed by Kanye. And despite his recent official "announcement" about the release of his album Jesus Is King via Twitter, fans were quick to troll and dismiss the tweet as a false promise. It's been a rough road for Kanye fans in the last year. His recent "Sunday Service" performances have disturbed the masses. Some believe they affirm Kanye's long-held God complex, while others view his latest post-MAGA obsession to be more of a manic episode. Some believe he's simply spreading the gospel and that he's truly been "saved." Regardless, it's all cast Jesus Is King in a puzzling light, and fans truly don't know what to expect, or whether to expect anything at all. The one thing we know for certain is that the guy is a total pr*ck to his wife these days.
Will Jesus Is King become the next Fear Inoculum? Probably. It would be quite like Kanye to be his own hype beast. In the meantime, let's take a look back at a few of hip-hop's other notorious unreleased projects, all of which are, honestly, more likely to be released in 2019 than Jesus Is King.
MC Hammer and 2Pac's "Too Tight"
MC Hammer signed with Death Row in 1995, but his highly-anticipated label debut, Too Tight, never saw the light of day. The project was much anticipated because of Hammer's alleged collaborations with Tupac Shakur on the project. The former left the record company shortly after the death of the latter. He later explained in an interview his concerns over the circumstances surrounding Tupac's death. He spoke to the rapper right before he died, and he was in Las Vegas the night of the shooting. Hammer later released "Too Late Playa," which featured the late Shakur as well as Big Daddy Kane and Danny Boy.Too Tight probably would have been amazing.
- Here's Everything That Happened at Kanye's NYC Jesus Is King Event ›
- Kanye West Teases 'Jesus Is King,' a New Album With No Cursing ... ›
- Kanye West - Jesus Is King Lyrics and Tracklist | Genius ›
- Kanye West Jesus Is King, Yandhi Album Release Date Explained ... ›
- Kanye West's Road to New Album 'Jesus Is King' | Complex ›
- LET'S ARGUE: Jesus Is King Will Never Come Out - YouTube ›
- Kanye West returns to Twitter for 'Jesus Is King' announcement - CNN ›
- Kanye West is releasing 'Jesus Is King' soon. Or not. Here's ... ›
- Kanye West's 'Jesus is King": Release Date, Tracklist & More Info ›