Are you ready to be demoted to CEO of Simp Nation?
If you frequent any spaces that could be considered even moderately online, then you already know the hottest new insult of the past few months: Simp.
While the term's literary usage can be traced back to an early 20th century abbreviation of "simpleton," simp is commonly understood to be a modern slang acronym for "Sucker Idolizing Mediocre Pu$y." In other words, a simp is a dude who puts women on a pedestal with the hope that his "chivalry" will eventually get him laid. Nice guys and white knights are out. Simps are in.
- #simp hashtag on Twitter ›
- "Simp Nation" Sticker by SmithDigital | Redbubble ›
- "president of simp nation" Sticker by wholesquad | Redbubble ›
- Simp Nation - Urban Dictionary ›
- TIK TOK MEMES that will make you CEO of SIMP NATION - YouTube ›
- What Is a Simp? Simping and Simp Nation on TikTok, Explained ›
- Simp Nation | Know Your Meme ›
- Here's the Meaning Behind the "Simp Nation" Challenge on TikTok ›
- What is simping, and what is a simp? | Metro News ›
- Youthsplaining: What the Hell Is a Simp? Are You a Simp ... ›
Breaking down the bias of comfort films.
With the constant onslaught of complicated news that 2020 has brought, sometimes you just want to be able to shut off your brain, relax, and feel happy.
Enter comfort films. These are the feel-good movies that feel like a warm hug when you finish them, the ones that allow you to escape for a short while. We often turn to these types of films in times of trouble or extreme stress, and when we're not sure what films of this nature we should watch, we turn to the Internet for options.