Van Bobbi presents a new video and a percussive pop playlist.
THE MIX | Delving Through the Decades from Freestyle Into the Future
11.12.18 | "This playlist spans a few decades of music, starting with a fave genre of mine from the late '80s - "Freestyle." This is a style that came out of the Latin and Italian-American neighborhoods of New York that fused electro, R&B, funk, and Latin percussion. I've been obsessed with each one of these songs at different points in my career and they have influenced my writing and style. I have a lot more to add to this list but here is a sample platter for your ears. I hope you can find something you like here!" -Van Bobbi
About Van Bobbi
With a flair for fun and an element of just about everything, Van Bobbi makes this week's Music Monday a versatile gift for the senses. His love for pop, funk, R&B, and Afro-beat and his desire to blend the genres into something unexpected creates a vibe that's upbeat and inspirational.
"I hope my music inspires people to celebrate life and I hope it shields them from pain. I hope my music augments a given experience or situation. I hope it inspires healing," says Van Bobbi.
The video for "Kickdrum Heartbeat" shows off Van Bobbi's spiritual side with a primal passion. Drum-heavy and dance-worthy, "Kickdrum Heartbeat" will get your blood flowing.
Check out the video below:
- 'Vicious Appetite' by Van Bobbi will leave you hungry for more - Born ... ›
- Van Bobbi - 2 become 1 (Spice Girls Cover) Official Audio - YouTube ›
- Van Bobbi Releases New Single via Live Nation's One's To Watch ›
- //Van Bobbi// (@vanbobbi) • Instagram photos and videos ›
- Van Bobbi - Home | Facebook ›
- VAN BOBBI — Lights & Music Collective ›
- VAN BOBBI | Free Listening on SoundCloud ›
Happy birthday to the world's biggest genre
On this day in 1973, Clive Campbell, the Jamaican-American "selector" known as DJ Kool Herc, hosted a "back to school jam" at 1520 Sedgewick Avenue in the Boogie Down Bronx of New York City.
Armed with a booming sound system and reggae beats, Herc– a shortened nickname for "Hercules"– commanded insatiable audiences across the South Bronx with his unique looping technique called the "Merry-Go Round." "[I knew that] they were waiting for this particular break," Herc later said, "and I got a couple of records that got the same break up in it. I wonder how it would be if I put them all together."
- On This Day: Bob Marley and The Wailers Made the Greatest ... ›
- On This Day: "Killing Me Softly" Broke Up The Fugees - Popdust ›
- On This Day: Aretha Franklin's "Respect" Is More Important Than Ever ›
- On This Day, “Madvillainy” Changed Hip-Hop Forever - Popdust ›
Frost is focused on a fall tour and shares a playlist for "a kick ass day" starting now.
THE MIX | Top of the Mornin' to Ya
11.5.18 | "The morning is when I think our ears are at their most sensitive. The wrong song can set the whole day off on a bad foot. The right one gives you the glow of invincibility. Here are some songs to start off a kick ass day." - Max Frost
About Max Frost
With his recently released album, Gold Rush, executive produced by Fitz and The Tantrums founder Michael Fitzpatrick, and a fall tour with Twenty One Pilots, Max Frost is closing out 2018 on a high note. The Austin, Texas native grew up strumming his guitar with a bluesy influence, gigging with vintage-rock bands.
When he discovered hip-hop, Frost found a way to incorporate his soulful sound into catchy hooks for rap songs. Experimenting with a fabricated "sample" sound, Frost created something unique – and his distortion and reverbs sent shock waves through the music industry. It wasn't long before Frost was sought after for his signature sound and incredible "one-man-band" performances.
"Sonically, I was inspired by artists like Amy Winehouse and Raphael Saadiq, who breathed fresh life into the classic '60s soul sound. Their vintage songs have a modern edge to the production. My process is the reverse. I try to write songs that, if played on an acoustic guitar, are very modern. But my execution of the singing, instrumentation, and production is vintage," explains Frost.
Named by both NPR and Rolling Stone as one of "10 Artists You Need To Know," Frost has garnered acclaim with his sublime sonic blend - merging soul, funk, hip-hop, pop, and electronica.
Listen to Frost's "Good Morning" below:
Max Frost - Good Morning [Music Video] youtu.be
- Atlantic Records Press | Max Frost ›
- Max Frost - Atlantic Records ›
- Video: A Baeble NEXT Session With Max Frost - Baeble Music ›
- Max Frost | Free Listening on SoundCloud ›
- Max Frost (@maxfrost) • Instagram photos and videos ›
- Max Frost on Apple Music ›
- Max Frost (@maxfrost) | Twitter ›
- Max Frost - YouTube ›
- Max Frost - Home | Facebook ›
- Max Frost - Good Morning [Music Video] - YouTube ›