Saudi Arabia is a giant human rights violation masquerading as a country.
Nicki Minaj made the right decision today, cancelling her headlining performance at a music festival in Saudi Arabia in protest of the country's oppressive stances on women's rights and LGBTQ+ issues.
"While I want nothing more than to bring my show to fans in Saudi Arabia, after better educating myself on the issues, I believe it is important for me to make clear my support for the rights of women, the LGBTQ community and freedom of expression," Minaj told Billboard.
Minaj's initial involvement in the Jeddah Worldfest Concert, set to be held at the King Abdullah Sports Stadium, immediately sparked a letter from the President of the Human Rights Foundation, Thor Halvorssen. The letter outlines the many human rights violations committed under Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman's "absolute monarchy," including sentencing peaceful dissidents to death.
A rapist befriends a murderer.Mark Wilson/Getty Images
"Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman is the individual who authorized and is financing your seven-figure performance at the event," clarified Halvorssen.
To be clear, Saudi Arabia is essentially a giant human rights violation masquerading as a country. The Saudi Arabian government, including Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, are directly responsible for the murder of US-based Washington Post journalist Jamal Khashoggi. The fact that they have all gotten away with murdering an American resident and continue to receive support from the Trump administration is a miscarriage of justice to the highest degree.
Other supporters of the Saudi Arabian regime include WWE CEO and human fecal stain Vince McMahon, who gleefully accepted blood money from Saudi Arabia. No person who gives a single s**t about democracy or freedom should ever support Saudi Arabia's current oppressive leadership, and every person who does is unequivocally a traitor.
We're glad that Nicki Minaj stood up for her beliefs.
Seriously, f**k Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.
- Nicki Minaj Saudi gig prompts confusion online - BBC News ›
- Nicki Minaj concert shows Saudi Arabia 'accepts everyone', say ... ›
- Nicki Minaj asked not to perform in Saudi Arabia by human rights ... ›
- Nicki Minaj is headlining a music festival in conservative Saudi Arabia ›
- Hip-hop star Nicki Minaj to perform in Saudi Arabia ›
- Rapper Nicki Minaj to perform in Saudi Arabia this month | News | Al ... ›
- Nicki Minaj to headline music festival in Saudi Arabia | World news ... ›
- Nicki Minaj Criticized by Human Rights Activists Ahead of Saudi ... ›
- Human rights group asks Nicki Minaj to cancel performance in Saudi ... ›
- Nicki Minaj Is Warned That Her Saudi Arabia Gig Would Be ... ›
Current owner Jeff Lowe claims there are bodies, including "a young American Indian boy," buried on the property
It was recently reported that Carole Baskin had been awarded the property of the Tiger King Zoo—formerly the G.W. Zoo—in Wynnewood, Oklahoma after a judgment found in her favor.
As fans of the Netflix docuseries Tiger King will know, her long-standing legal feud with Joe Exotic (AKA Joseph Maldonado-Passage, né Shreibvogel) over his violation of the Big Cat Rescue trademark resulted in a million dollar settlement in her favor. But for the most part Exotic managed to dodge paying Baskin through a series of illegal property transfers that temporarily protected his animal park from seizure.
Now that Exotic is in prison for attempting to have Baskin murdered—along with illegal animal trafficking and several violations of the Endangered Species Act—a judge has finally ruled that the park is hers, and she will be taking over ownership of the 16-acre property later this year. But Jeff Lowe—the park's current owner and the personification of a mid-life crisis—insists that there are no hard feelings, saying, "She deserves this property."
- Is Donald Trump Going to Pardon Joe Exotic? - Popdust ›
- Tiger King Zoo Reopens for Dangerous Stupidity Once More ›