Watch Will Smith degrade himself with blue body paint in Disney's "Aladdin."
Welcome back to "Now in Theaters: 5 New Movies for the Weekend."
This week, Will Smith degrades himself with blue body paint for our amusement.
BOOKSMART Trailer (2019) Lisa Kudrow, Olivia Wild, Teen Movie www.youtube.com
Directed by Olivia Wilde and produced by Will Ferrell and Adam McKay, Booksmart looks like a Gen-Z version of Superbad. The movie follows two high school seniors, Amy and Molly, who decide that the eve of their graduation is the perfect time to make up for "wasting" their teenage years on studying and achieving good grades. Early reviews are overwhelmingly positive, and the movie looks raunchy, edgy, and representative. Booksmart is easily my pick of the week.
Disney's Aladdin Official Trailer - In Theaters May 24! www.youtube.com
Disney's latest live-action adaptation is here, and like all the live-action adaptations before it, Aladdin looks...okay, I guess. Honestly, it's hard for me to understand the appeal of all these live-action Disney adaptations. They're technically fine, but considering the fact that animation brought so much of the inherent charm and magic to the originals, these remakes seem doomed to always come up short. Take Genie, for example. Animated goofball Genie is fun and awesome. Partially-CGI-blue-body-paint-Will-Smith Genie is just unsettling.
BRIGHTBURN - Official Trailer #2 www.youtube.com
What if Superman...was evil? That's pretty much the premise behind Brightburn, a superhero horror movie produced by James Gunn and written by his brother and his cousin. I love the idea of a horror movie that subverts superhero archetypes, but at the same time, the trailer looks surprisingly dull considering the subject matter. Ultimately, this might be more of a generic spooky boy flick than anything truly groundbreaking.
Diamantino – Official Trailer www.youtube.com
A Portuguese-language, genre-bending political comedy that made waves at Cannes 2019 (ultimately taking home the Grand Prize during International Critics' Week), Diamantino looks absolutely absurd. The plot follows a disgraced soccer star who sets out on a journey to find a new purpose for his life. The movie seems to involve incredibly bizarre imagery, including futuristic technology, galactic landscapes, and puppy fever dreams. If you appreciate bizarre cinema and can find Diamantino playing near you, I'd highly recommend checking it out.
Isabelle | Official Trailer (HD) | Vertical Entertainment www.youtube.com
If you ever watched The OC and wondered what Adam Brody is doing now, here's your answer. Isabelle is one of those horror movies that seems designed solely to pad Netflix's Halloween offerings. We've seen the premise a bajillion times––a couple gets haunted by some generic ghost girl––and outside of Ringu, I don't think it's ever been done well. I don't know what audience this movie is geared towards, but if it happens to be you, just go watch Ringu again instead.
- Apple is securing rights to release new films at home - Popdust ›
- Bachelorette Season 15 Premiere Recap - Popdust ›
- How Meal-Kits Like HelloFresh are Impacting the Future of Grocery ... ›
- BOX OFFICE BREAKDOWN | Invasion of the puppets - Popdust ›
- Call It a Comeback: New Music From All Your Nostalgic Favorites ... ›
- Dan Kahan ›
- New singles, EPs, and albums coming out in May 2019 - Popdust ›
- The 'Aladdin' Trailer Looks Surprisingly Good - Popdust ›
- Now in Theaters: 5 New Movies for the Weekend of May 10th ... ›
- Now in Theaters: 5 New Movies for the Weekend of May 17th ... ›
Back in my day, we just sang about doin' it.
When it comes to music, it's as if I have a boomer's soul.
Despite falling neatly in the middle of the millennial generation, I was raised on Johnny Cash, Bobby Darin, and the Everly Brothers–which is to say, I understand nothing. Why is Billie EIlish so sad? What does Lizzo dream about? Who said Ed Sheeran was allowed to have a career? What's "DaBaby?" And then there's Harry Styles. Oh, Harry Styles: a beacon of (maybe) bisexual boy band energy and tutu-wearing masculinity. I can dig it. But then he released "Watermelon Sugar." Rolling Stone greeted its arrival by saying "Harry Styles Yearns for Taste of 'Watermelon Sugar.'" They wrote that the "track has the singer nostalgic for 'that summer feeling,' yearning for berries and the taste of watermelon sugar." Aw, so wholesome, so sweet.
Ariana Grande - "Side to Side"
- Harry Styles Releases "Watermelon Sugar" Video - Popdust ›
- The Sexiest Songs of 2020 (So Far...) - Popdust ›
- These Are The Most Sexual Food Song Lyrics Of All Time -- Sexual ... ›
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend songs bring the sexual innuendo in “To Josh ... ›
- 'Til the juice runs down my leg: 23 songs that use fruit for sexual ... ›
- Episode 038 - Songs That Are Sexual Innuendos - YouTube ›
- The 40 Most Sexual Hits in Top 40 History | Complex ›
- 25 Surprisingly Dirty Songs That Rank Among Rock And Roll's ... ›
- 69 Songs You Never Realised Were Actually About Sex ›
- Songs About Sex Dirty Lyrics Hidden Sexual Innuendos ›
- 10 songs you didn't know were about sex the first time you heard it ›
- These Are the 13 Most Explicit Sexual Innuendos in Music History ›
- 52 Sex Songs to Add to Your Bedroom Playlist - Best Sexy Songs ›
- The 50 Sexiest Songs Of All Time | Billboard ›
- 40 Best Songs to Have Sex To - Sexiest Songs ›
- 17 Super Sexual Songs That Will Make You Drop Your Panties ... ›