"'Sad Girls' is about giving the middle finger to your emotions...for the night."
"'Sad Girls' is about giving the middle finger to your emotions...for the night," explains Jenna Lotti about her new song "Sad Girls."
Born in Boston and now based in L.A., Lotti's musical career began with writing poetry as a form of self-medication, and then singing the verses to friends, who persuaded her to perform at a local open mic. Her performance blew the audience away and motivated Lotti to delve even deeper into music. She learned guitar and made YouTube videos in her bathroom.
Her sound—shaped by blues, soul, and pop elements—garnered well-deserved attention, leading to tours of the East and West Coasts, and making the move to L.A. There, she composed "Warning Signs," followed by a series of tantalizing singles, like "Hollywood" and "Deep." Right now, she's working on her self-titled EP, slated to drop later this year.
"Sad Girls" opens on creamy acapella vocals, followed by a shimmering synth. When the syncopated groove enters, the tune is rife with vulnerability, melancholic flavors, and nostalgia. Imbued with pop and hip-hop-lite textures, the melody glows with soft radiance, as Lotti's evocative tones paint a pensive picture.
"This is for all the sad girls / Living only in their own world / We can't help what we feel like / But it's gonna be alright / I'm so sick of being sad / Always worrying 'bout the things that passed."
- Jenna Lotti 'Nervous' | Kings of A&R ›
- Premiere: Fame Haunts Jenna Lotti in Her New Single "Hollywood ... ›
- Jenna Lotti Concert Setlists | setlist.fm ›
- Premiere: "Deep" by Jenna Lotti [ Indie Pop ] - Wolf in a Suit ›
- Jenna Lotti on Spotify ›
- Jenna Lotti – NEON Music Management ›
- JENNA LOTTI - NERVOUS (BalconyTV) - YouTube ›
- Jenna Lotti (@JennaLotti) | Twitter ›
- Jenna Lotti - Home | Facebook ›
- Jenna Lotti Music ›
Meowth is best cat.
Going into Pokemon Sword and Shield, I was unimpressed with the new starter Pokemon.
Meh.The Pokemon Company
I normally gravitate towards fire-type starters, but Cinderace was a little too humanoid-rabbit-wearing-pants for my tastes. Inteleon was just "lol no." Rillaboom hit the closest to my usual favorite powerhouse aesthetic (think Charizard, Blaziken, and Incineroar), but something about him didn't quite feel right (or maybe I just don't connect with grass types?).
- The Pokemon Community Has Gone Toxic Over Sword and Shield ... ›
- "Pokemon Unite": Why Pokemon Fans Will Never Get Their Dream Game - Popdust ›
- Alolan Meowth ›
- Meowth Bundle | Online Exclusive | Pokemon | Build-A-Bear® ›
- Meowth - Wikipedia ›
- Meowth | Pokédex ›
- Meowth - #052 - Serebii.net Pokédex ›
- Meowth Pokédex: stats, moves, evolution & locations | Pokémon ... ›
- Meowth (Pokémon) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon ... ›
- Pokemon Sword And Pokemon Shield - New Gigantamax Pikachu ... ›
- 'Pokémon Sword and Shield's Gigantamax Meowth looks a lot like ... ›
- GIGANTAMAX MEOWTH MONEY GUIDE! EASY MONEY in ... ›
- GIGANTAMAX POKÉMON are coming to the Pokémon Sword and ... ›
- How to Get Gigantamax Meowth / Kantonian Meowth in Pokemon ... ›
- Pokémon Sword & Shield: How To Claim Gigantamax Meowth ... ›
- Pokémon Sword & Shield get Fat Pikachu, Longcat Meowth ... ›
- List of Every Gigantamax Pokemon - Pokemon Sword and Shield ... ›
- Pokémon Sword and Shield guide: Where to find Gigantamax Meowth ›