Popdust investigates whether or not Garth Brooks is a huge Bernie Sanders supporters.
One glance at country singer Garth Brooks in his big black cowboy hat and signature goatee, and you know you're looking at a man who's got friends in low places.
Garth Brooks isn't a black-tie affair kinda guy. He's the real deal, a country boy just like you, drinkin' whiskey, burpin' loudly, and sellin' his music exclusively at Walmart for a while.
But Garth Brooks does more than just pander to the working class experience while raking in the big bucks. He apparently supports working class ideals, too, specifically the grassroots organization efforts surrounding presidential candidate Bernie Sanders. To show his support for the anti-establishment Sanders—who has been firing up a diverse coalition of voters with calls for Medicare For All and an end to billionaire exploitation of the working class—Brooks donned what appeared to be a custom-made Sanders jersey featuring the number 20, clearly implying "Bernie Sanders 2020." Very cool, Garth!
Now, there's an alternate reading to this that might ruffle a few feathers, and we don't want to project, but...
There is a famous former professional football player named Barry Sanders. So the possibility does exist that Brooks was actually wearing a regular Barry Sanders jersey and not a custom-made Bernie Sanders jersey. As painful as this might be to recognize, in the name of journalistic integrity we must consider the evidence and perform a thorough investigation.
Firstly, Barry Sanders played for the Detroit Lions, and Garth Brooks' picture was taken during a show he was playing in Detroit. And while this might seem coincidental, perhaps it's also worth noting that Barry Sanders number was also 20.
Using state-of-the-art photo analyzation software, we've also managed to place a photo of Barry Sanders wearing his jersey next to the picture of Garth Brooks. You'll notice that the jerseys are different colors, but the striped markings on the sleeves are alarmingly similar.
Of course, all of this could just be a coincidence, so we reached out to some experts for further research. One of them directed us to a website called "www.nflshop.com," where we discovered a grey Barry Sanders Jersey for sale that very closely resembles the one Garth Brooks is wearing in his Instagram post. It's not an exact match, but the similarities are jarring, to say the least.
We also cross-checked our data with an outside database documenting public sentiment. Here's what we found:
According to some of the most credible supporters of current president and coronavirus acolyte Donald Trump, the jersey most definitely does represent support for Bernie Sanders. Now, it's important to recognize that when it comes to knowledge, these Trump supporters are among the most informed people on the planet.
In conclusion, Trump supporters agree that Garth Brooks is the world's biggest Bernie Sanders fan who commissioned a custom "Bernie 2020" jersey for his Detroit concert. Phew, bullet dodged. Case closed.
- Garth Brooks Gets Called "Big Freaking Liberal Socialist" Because ... ›
- Trump Supporters Flip Out After Completely Misreading Garth ... ›
- Garth Brooks Fans Mistake Barry Sanders for Bernie Sanders on ... ›
- Garth Brooks Wears Barry Sanders Jersey, Trump Supporters Blast ... ›
- Garth Brooks' 'Sanders' jersey irks Trump fans on Instagram - New ... ›
- Fans angry after mistaking Garth Brooks' Barry Sanders jersey for ... ›
- Fans think Garth Brooks' Barry Sanders jersey is for Bernie ›
- Garth Brooks' Barry Sanders jersey mistakenly bashed as support ... ›
- Garth Brooks gets ripped for wearing Barry Sanders jersey - Sports ... ›
- Garth Brooks ripped online by confused fans for wearing Barry ... ›
This Saturday at 3PM EST.
This Saturday at 3PM EST, Popdust will be hosting our first ever livestreamed music festival.
Check out the show on Facebook Live (RSVP here!), grab a free ticket on Eventbrite, or register on Zoom.
Check out our excellent lineup:
- Selena Gomez Taking Time Out To Deal With Health Issues Related ... ›
- Popdust About Us - Popdust ›
- MUSIC - Popdust ›
- Popdust ›
One small step for gay rights, one giant leap for awkwardness.
With the botched Iowa caucuses and the many inaccuracies of Trump's State of the Union address, it's safe to say this week in politics has been particularly chaotic.
Above all, there's one bit of candidate-related information that has me especially disturbed. It's a photo of Pete Buttigieg kissing his husband. I know there are a multitude of issues that should warrant my concern—like, why are we using untested mobile apps during one of the most important primary elections in American history?—but take a look for yourself, and maybe you'll understand why this graceless smooch has me losing sleep.
Don't get me wrong: It's absolutely incredible that, fewer than five years after gay marriage was legalized nationwide, a quite popular presidential candidate is able to freely and safely kiss his husband in public without risking major loss in support (except for this very stupid lady who wanted to rescind her vote for Buttigieg after learning he has a same-sex partner). What perturbs me about it is the sheer awkwardness of the kiss and the fact that their mouths don't even touch. Sure, maybe they were just trying to play it safe—you know, in regards to the notably homophobic administration we're living under—but it looks like they just straight-up missed. This is how the actors playing Maria and Captain Von Trapp in my middle school production of The Sound of Music stage kissed. This is how sexless 80-year-olds kiss. This is not how a 38-year-old who's been married for fewer than two years should kiss.
But then again, are we shocked? Buttigieg is notably inelegant, from his slightly uncomfortable paraphrasing of Lizzo to his absolutely unsightly method of eating a cinnamon bun. Not chicken wings. A cinnamon bun.
At least Mayor Pete seems happy in his marriage, however perplexing it may appear.
- Republican pundit: Pete Buttigieg 'made gayness an issue' by ... ›
- Even in the UK, gay people like me still fear being as publicly ... ›
- South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg, left, is kissed by his husband ... ›
- Pete Buttigieg's campaign asset: 'Do I have a great husband or what ... ›
- First ever openly gay presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg's speech ... ›
- Mayor Pete kissed his husband after he announced his campaign ... ›
- Pete Buttigieg, Lori Lightfoot, and Two Powerful LGBT Kisses ›
- Davich: Pete Buttigieg's public kiss reflects much more than another ... ›
- Pete Buttigieg's kiss with Chasten was a radical moment ›