The former vice presidential candidate sang "Baby Got Back," because she's #relatable.
The Masked Singer is simultaneously a mysteriously popular reality show and a furry's wet dream.
The singing competition series combines the celebrity appeal of Dancing With the Stars with the good old-fashioned talent contest of American Idol or The Voice. Notable public figures sport particularly frightening head-to-toe ensembles and take turns singing songs, and the judges must guess who is in the suit. And, as is the case with any reality show, things get cringey—especially when a costumed Sarah Palin gives a rendition of Sir Mix-a-Lot's "Baby Got Back."
That's correct: The one-time vice presidential candidate (and Most Famous Alaskan Probably Ever) removed a monstrous bear head (as the entire crowd yelled "take it off," which isn't at all creepy) to reveal her identity before diving into the 1992 hit. She made sure to note that she tweaked the lyrics to be about men's butts instead. Because we can excuse a former governor for opposing same-sex marriage and being a life member of the NRA if they're funny and relatable, right? Right?
Before host Nick Cannon signed off, Palin assured the crowd: "This is something that our country needs right now, too." I can't say I agree, considering I'm typing this through an anxiety-ridden self-quarantine, but to each their own. Funny and relatable! We are in hell!
Watch the haunting performance below:
- Some 'Masked Singer' Viewers Find Sarah Palin's Unmasking ... ›
- The Masked Singer: Sarah Palin stuns viewers with 'Baby Got Back ... ›
- The Masked Singer: Sarah Palin takes off Bear mask shocking ... ›
- Sarah Palin Rapped 'Baby Got Back' Dressed As A Bear On ... ›
- 'The Masked Singer' revealed identity of the Bear: Sarah Palin! ›
- Sarah Palin stuns TV viewers by rapping Baby Got Back dressed as ... ›
- Sarah Palin Raps UNMASKED on @The Masked Singer To Nick ... ›
- Sarah Palin rapping 'Baby Got Back' on 'The Masked Singer' was ... ›
- Sarah Palin Revealed As Giant Pink Bear On 'Masked Singer ... ›
- Sarah Palin revealed as Bear in 'The Masked Singer' ›
MOBIfest, a wellness festival by and for Black gay men and queer communities of color, will stream on June 4th.
For the past few years, MOBIfest has provided a free celebration of wellness and pride for queer communities of color.
Every year, MOBI (Mobilizing Our Brothers Institute) offers a circuit of community care and artistic expression through a variety of initiatives, culminating in an annual Pride festival. This year's MOBIfest will happen virtually, but its spirit and mission promises to be as strong and important as ever.
The reality television star and her daughter are raking in around a combined $1.7 million
Kim Zolciak managed to become a standout star from The Real Housewives of Atlanta — and now she's making bank in her own show, Don't Be Tardy.
Zolciak and her daughter just finished filming season 7 of their show and an unknown source just revealed their salaries. The source said the duo negotiated more money to come back and thus, got a raise.
Bravo is giving the mother-daughter duo a raise that would even keep me on the show — Zolciak is now making $125,000 an episode which amounts to about $1.5 million for the season. Her daughter, Brielle Biermann also got a raise — she's now pulling in around $16,000 per episode, amounting to around $192,000 for the season.
A couple months ago, Zolciak made a scene after making racist comments on The Real Housewives of Atlanta. She stated her belief that racism isn't real and before that, called NeNe Leakes' home a 'roach nest.' Zolciak later said that her coworkers always play the race card and that she makes no association with her words and racism.
Kroy Biermann, Zolciak's husband and Biermann's adopted dad, also got a cut of the deal. During his career in the NFL, Biermann didn't really need to be paid that much by the show — however, now that he's out, he renegotiated his deal with the show and became executive producer, along with Zolciak.
Don't Be Tardy came to be when she met Atlanta Falcons defensive end Kroy Biermann whom she married in November 2011 — the show itself follows Zolciak for the two months leading up to her wedding. Colin Cowie, a celebrity event planner, helps the duo and different problems arise to entertain viewers, such as Zolciak's mom not wanting to come.
After the first initial season, we follow Zolciak and Biermann around in their new lives — two new baby boys and then two more twins in the next season. It also seems like with the exception of her oldest daughters, the couple is naming their children with 'K' names — Kardashian jealousy anyone?
We don't know if the show will be renewed for an eighth season but with these new raises, it'll probably happen — who knows, maybe by that time Brielle will be a big enough star to host her own show.
Amber Wang is a freelancer for Popdust, Gearbrain and various other sites. She is also a student at NYU, a photographer and a marketing intern.
POP⚡DUST | Read More ...
- Kim Zolciak-Biermann News, Pictures, and Videos | E! News ›
- Kim Zolciak Shares Photo After Undergoing Breast Reduction Surgery ›
- Kim Zolciak-Biermann Shares First Photo After Breast Reduction | E ... ›
- Kim Zolciak News, Pictures, and Videos | TMZ.com ›
- Kim Zolciak Confirms She Had a Breast Reduction ›
- Kim Zolciak | Page Six ›
- Kim Zolciak-Biermann Shares First Photo After Breast Reduction ... ›
- Kim Zolciak-Biermann - Wikipedia ›
- Kim ZolciakBiermann (@Kimzolciak) | Twitter ›
- Kim Zolciak-Biermann (@kimzolciakbiermann) • Instagram photos ... ›