Their baby pictures maintain the myth of a beautiful future for humanity.
What is the purpose of the Royal Family? To maintain an archaic ideal of composure and elegance? To advertise a high-class positionality unattainable to most of their subjects? To give hope to the tired masses?
These are questions for another time. Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have released brand new baby pictures—and moments ago, they announced their baby's name.
Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor is the latest addition to the royal family. Archie is an English name that means "genuine and bold," and Harrison means "son of Harry."
His parents unveiled his face for the first time this morning at Windsor Castle, standing in St. George's Hall. Meghan looked effortlessly modern in a white cropped trench coat by British designer Grace Wales Bonner, 4-inch Manolo Blahnik pumps, and a $750 18-karat gold necklace by Jennifer Meyer. Baby Archie was swaddled in a creamy white blanket made by GH Hurt & Son Ltd and a grey knit cap.
Harry looked undeniably dapper in a light grey suit, though no one knows or cares who designed it. The royals looked every inch the part of glowing signifiers of a promising future (that in reality is rapidly disintegrating) as they held their son aloft for the cameras.
Image via Fox News
Addressing a small group of journalists, Meghan called the experience of motherhood "magic," adding that "I have the two best guys in the world so I'm really happy." Of the baby's brand-new personality, she said, "He has the sweetest temperament, he's really calm...he's just been the dream."
In response to that statement, Prince Harry added, "I don't know where he gets that from." He seemed to be joking—but is that statement a hint at intermarital strife? Could there be trouble in paradise?
It seems like, at least for now, Harry is more concerned with being a dad than anything else. "Parenting is amazing," he added. "But we're just so thrilled to have our own bundle of joy and to spend precious time with him as he slowly, slowly starts to grow up."
He also had some respectful insights about the toils that women go through as mothers. "Mother and baby are doing incredibly well," he told the press during his first appearance since becoming a dad on Monday. "It's been the most amazing experience I could ever possibly imagine. How any woman does what they do is beyond comprehension but we're both absolutely thrilled and so grateful to all the lovely support."
Finally, he celebrated the ephemerality of childhood, saying, "His looks are changing every single day. He's already got a bit of facial hair!"
Their child was born at 5:26 a.m. on Monday morning, weighing 7 pounds and 3 ounces. Since then Meghan's mother, Doria Ragland, has been by the couple's side, and the family unveiled their duke in training to his very famous grandmother just after taking his first press photos.
Eden Arielle Gordon is a writer and musician from New York. Follow her on Twitter @edenarielmusic.
POP⚡DUST | Read More...
- Meghan Markle's Royal Baby Boy: See the First Photos | Time ›
- Meghan Markle, Prince Harry introduce royal baby in first pictures ›
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's Royal Baby Photo | PEOPLE.com ›
- Royal baby photo call: Meghan Markle and Prince Harry give first ... ›
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's baby won't be photographed ... ›
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry pose for 1st photos with royal baby ›
- When will Meghan Markle, Prince Harry release the first photo of ... ›
- Royal baby photos: Meghan Markle, Prince Harry pose with newborn ›
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry skip the royal baby photo. But ... ›
- Royal baby arrives: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle welcome first ... ›
- Will Meghan Markle and Prince Harry raise their baby to be black ... ›
- Why Prince Harry & Meghan Markle's Royal Baby Will Have a British ... ›
- Royal baby: Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's birthing plans - the ... ›
- Meghan Markle, Prince Harry Welcome Baby Boy - Name Update ›
- Meghan Markle And Prince Harry Welcome A Baby Boy To The ... ›
The baby may be 7th in line to the throne, but his double Taurus sign seems like it would make for an excellent King of England.
After the birth of the newest royal baby on Monday, the world is anxiously awaiting more details about the new prince.
The public may not know the baby's name yet, but we do know the details of his astrological chart.The son of Prince Harry (Virgo) and Meghan Markle (Leo) was born early morning on Monday at 5:26 am, making him a Taurus Rising, Gemini Moon, and Taurus Sun.
The sign of the bull is characterized by strength, tenacity, virility and power. The Taurus personality is known for being persevering and solid, but with a self-indulgent side. As hardworking as a Taurus is, they still have a soft spot for comfort and luxury.
Astrologers Monte Farber and Amy Zerner, authors of Astrology for Wellness and Signs & Seasons: An Astrology Cookbook did everyone a favor and completed the royal bundle of joy's birth chart, published on Well and Good. Zerner stated in the recent article that the baby will grow up with strong and persistent character traits, which makes for good leadership skills. The authors also mentioned that because the baby's Uranus was above the horizon, his double Taurus will be informed by creative thinking and innovation. This Uranus placement also points to a quirky sensibility, which sounds like a good match for the possible progressive parenting style of Meghan and Harry.
Another astrologist, Anne Ortelee, contributed some more insight into the baby's astrological chart for The Cut. She predicts that the baby will grow into someone with strong principles, and may even be competitive, meaning a future sibling could be a point of contention for the new prince. Ortelee also told The Cut: "A natural storyteller, he will be quite stubborn when riled, but a witty and passionate debater."
In the same article, Astrologer Randon Rosenbohm commented that as a Taurus, the baby will "appreciate the material luxuries" of royalty. His moon is in the sign of Gemini, and his Jupiter is in the sign of Sagittarius in the eighth house of his chart, which controls traits associated with power. Some believe that while extremely intelligent, he'll have a penchant for spending––which works out considering his parents are the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.
Now, we just have to see whether the baby will be a ginger.
Sara is a music and culture writer.
OP⚡DUST | Read More...
- Royal baby star sign: Harry and Meghan's baby's Taurus ... ›
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's Son's Birth Chart and ... ›
- Royal baby star sign: Baby Sussex will be a Taurus just like the Queen ›
- Meghan Markle's Baby's Astrological Sign - Baby Sussex's Zodiac ... ›
- Royal baby horoscope: What star sign does Meghan and Harry's ... ›
- What The Royal Baby's Zodiac Sign Reveals About His Personality ›
- Meghan Markle baby: Horoscope shows Taurus child could be this ... ›
- Princess Diana's astrologer reveals royal baby boy's star sign details ... ›
- What Will the Royal Baby's Astrological Sign Be? ›
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Baby's Zodiac Sign ›