It's Halloween, so if you wanna scare your friends, here is your chance.
Halloween is right around the corner, and while the music video art form is undergoing a transformation thanks to streaming, many of today's artists still rely on music videos to help elevate their music.
Sometimes, the results are horrifying. We all remember the day we were first exposed to Marilyn Manson's eerie music video for "The Beautiful People," or what we were doing when Tool's cartoonish depictions of rape in "Prison Sex" sent us all reeling. As shown by our list below, the music video format is one that can truly shock and awe, and while horror films are having their moment this week, let's revisit some of the most disturbing music videos in recent memory.
"A Little Piece of Heaven" By Avenged Sevenfold
The playful animation, musical skeletons, and goofy cut-outs quickly lull the viewer into a false sense of security, but the next thing you know, the video's protagonist is killing his girlfriend and viciously raping her rotting corpse. At one point he even purchases a heater to keep her body warm. The cartoonish nature elevates the disturbing narrative told by M. Shadows and will forever change the way we listen to this song.
- Nine Inch Nails' 1993 "Broken," the Most Disturbing Music Video ... ›
- Top 10 Most Disturbing Metal Music Videos | Metal Amino ›
- Top 10 Gory, Disturbing, And F#@%ed Up Music Videos | Yell ... ›
- Top 10: Disturbing Music Videos - WatchMojo ›
- The 30 Most Disturbing Songs of All Time | Dallas Observer ›
- Top 10 Most Disturbing YouTube Videos of All Time - YouTube ›
- Top 10 Most Disturbing Music Videos of All Time - TheTopTens® ›
- Top 10 Most Terrifying Music Videos - YouTube ›
- The 13 Scariest Music Videos of All Time ›
- TOP 10 Most DISTURBING Music Videos! - YouTube ›