Will we ever know peace?
Sometimes, in an emotionally manipulative relationship, the abusive partner does something just to assert their dominance and prove what they can get away with.
We've all experienced it: perhaps it was a mother-in-law telling you the pattern on your drapes makes her think of genocide, because she knows you'll just grimace and bear it. Or, maybe it was a romantic partner skipping your anniversary dinner to play paintball because he knows you'll forgive him eventually. Or maybe it was last night during Game of Thrones, when they blatantly left a Starbucks to-go cup in a scene, because, by god, you aren't going to stop watching now.
The GOT team knows they've got us hooked, so they're daring us to leave them, knowing that we're in too deep and much too weak to walk away. They're taunting us with their apathy, giving us laughably manipulative character development (oh no, Khaleesi is all power hungry now! Wonder where this could go...), absurdly short time lapses (wow, all of Winterfell made it to King's Landing in about a half hour), and even transparent provocation like LEAVING A GRANDE SOY LATTE IN A SHOT. If you think for one second that that coffee cup accidentally made it past the director and every actor, camera-op, editor, and other member of the best on-set army a $90 million budget can buy, than you're about as thick as Jon Sn— excuse me, erm, Aegon Targaryen.
That coffee cup was intended as either the most subtle Starbucks ad of all time or an outright taunt of all the fans who have allowed this show to take up real estate in our brains for the last eight years. While we may care about Game of Thrones, they sure as hell don't care about us, and episode by episode they're proving it to us more and more.
All of that being said, can't wait for next Sunday's episode!
POP⚡DUST | Read More...
- Game of Thrones fans spot Starbucks cup in episode 4, 'Was it too ... ›
- Game of Thrones: What was that coffee cup doing there? ›
- 'Game of Thrones' fans spot Starbucks cup in scene | abc13.com ›
- Game Of Thrones viewers spot Starbucks cup in shot and we can't ... ›
- 'Game of Thrones': Is that a Starbucks cup at Winterfell? - Chicago ... ›
- 'Game of Thrones' left a Starbucks cup in the show and people are ... ›
- Is that a Starbucks cup in Game of Thrones? - The Verge ›
Protest music aside, there is a slew of good underground music out today
An invigorating slew of protest music hit the shelves today.
Detroit-based emcee Tee Grizzley collaborated with Queen Naija and the Detroit Youth Choir to craft a melodic ballad that attempts to open up a dialogue with police. Meanwhile, alt-Jazz pioneer Terrace Martin took a different approach in his collaboration with Denzel Curry, Daylyt, G Perico, and Kamasi Washington, with "Pigs Feet" being more of an angry f*ck you than an attempt at communication.
GOT actor Isaac Hempstead Wright joins the league of celebrities attending college
Well, I guess winter is here. Isaac Hempstead Wright — otherwise known as Bran Stark from Game of Thrones — has been seen all over the University of Birmingham campus, enjoying freshman uni events.
Apparently there had only been Twitter rumors of Wright's attendance until Birmingham's The Tab confirmed it this week. Now, full on sighting tweets are flooding the website from nights out to accidental meetings in the bathroom.
The Tab even confirmed Wright's email in the school's system and his residence in one of the university's many living accommodations. Wright is also reportedly studying maths and maintains A's in many of his classes.
There's always been continuous fascination with celebrities and celebrity culture, but everyone seems to go crazy when they do normal, everyday things like going to college. Fans don't seem to understand that they're people too.
From Malia Obama attending Harvard to Emma Watson attending Brown, it seems like the public watches their every move. I've even had a class with Karlie Kloss during my freshman year of university and she seemed like a normal woman, not some superhuman entity.
The truth is, many actors and celebrities understand that their fame won't last forever and want obtain an education for the future. Dylan and Cole Sprouse got degrees in video game design and archaeology, respectively, and graduated with top honors.
So here's a PSA to all you Birmingham folks — don't crowd or act weird around Isaac Wright. He's really just there to learn and have fun like everyone else. Publications should not be giving out his email address nor where he lives. Respect celebrities as much as you would respect one of your classmates!
- Isaac Hempstead Wright - Wikipedia ›
- Isaac Hempstead Wright - IMDb ›
- Isaac Hempstead Wright & Kristian Nairn Reunite At #ConanCon ... ›
- Game of Thrones: Isaac Hempstead Wright on Night King Theory ›
- 'Game of Thrones': Isaac Hempstead Wright on Bran's Powers and ... ›
- 'Game of Thrones': Isaac Hempstead Wright on Bran Theories ... ›
- Isaac Hempstead Wright (@isaachwright) • Instagram photos and ... ›
- Isaac Hempstead Wright on the 'Fine Balance' of Playing Bran ... ›
- 'Game of Thrones' Star Reveals Scene Cut From Season Finale ... ›
- Isaac.H.Wright (@Isaac_H_Wright) | Twitter ›