Should we just Cancel Christmas Specials?
Christmas is an impossible holiday for pop culture to get right.
While there have been some successful hits in recent years, it's worth noting that a successful holiday special is as rare as Santa Claus himself. The outing is practically a guaranteed failure from the jump, and rarely ever pans out the way it's initially intended. From Tabitha Stephens in blackface to Santa Claus being raised on lioness milk, here are the most uncomfortable Christmas specials in history. You may not want to watch them, but you can't look away.
A Very Brady Christmas - 1988
The Brady family's celebrity Christmas dinner is ruined when Mike learns that a shady businessman whom he designed a building for caused the building to be dangerous and collapse(?), trapping everyone inside. I can barely follow it myself. In the end, Mike heroically frees the trapped employees inside the building, but an aftershock covers Mike in debris. The family waits outside for Mike to emerge, but he does not, until they sing "O Come, All Ye Faithful." A Christmas MIRACLE!
- The 30 Weirdest Christmas Songs | SPIN ›
- Neo Yokio: Pink Christmas Netflix Special is Weird, Wondrous ... ›
- 11 of the Most Messed Up Christmas Episodes in Holiday TV History ... ›
- I Think I Found The Weirdest Christmas Movie - YouTube ›
- Top 10 weirdest holiday TV specials of all time | Star Tribune ›
- Every Rankin/Bass Christmas special, ranked ›
- The best, worst and weirdest Christmas TV specials of all time | CBC ... ›
- 11 Odd, Campy, Surreal Holiday Specials That Should Be Classics ... ›
- Top 10 Weirdest Christmas Specials - Listverse ›
- From Pee-wee to Mr. T: The 12 Weirdest Holiday Specials We've ... ›