Should we just Cancel Christmas Specials?
Christmas is an impossible holiday for pop culture to get right.
While there have been some successful hits in recent years, it's worth noting that a successful holiday special is as rare as Santa Claus himself. The outing is practically a guaranteed failure from the jump, and rarely ever pans out the way it's initially intended. From Tabitha Stephens in blackface to Santa Claus being raised on lioness milk, here are the most uncomfortable Christmas specials in history. You may not want to watch them, but you can't look away.
The Munsters' Scary Little Christmas - 1996
Eddie is homesick for Transylvania, so Herman decides to throw him a Christmas celebration. Together, with Lily, Grandpa, and Marilyn, the gang sends out invites to the whole Munster family. To help throw the party, Herman asks for a raise from his boss. His boss says no and instead fires him for taking on freelance work that included nude modeling and wrapping presents. Meanwhile, Grandpa conducts an experiment that goes badly and accidentally transports Santa Claus and his elves to Munster Mansion. Eventually, Marilyn falls in love, and Lily enters a decorating contest. It's all insanely convoluted and not rewarding in the slightest.
- The 30 Weirdest Christmas Songs | SPIN ›
- Neo Yokio: Pink Christmas Netflix Special is Weird, Wondrous ... ›
- 11 of the Most Messed Up Christmas Episodes in Holiday TV History ... ›
- I Think I Found The Weirdest Christmas Movie - YouTube ›
- Top 10 weirdest holiday TV specials of all time | Star Tribune ›
- Every Rankin/Bass Christmas special, ranked ›
- The best, worst and weirdest Christmas TV specials of all time | CBC ... ›
- 11 Odd, Campy, Surreal Holiday Specials That Should Be Classics ... ›
- Top 10 Weirdest Christmas Specials - Listverse ›
- From Pee-wee to Mr. T: The 12 Weirdest Holiday Specials We've ... ›