Chris R may have lost to Johnny and Mark in The Room, but he can still win big in Texas.
While Tommy Wiseau's The Room, often considered the best bad movie of all time, might be technically terrible in almost every aspect, one actor's performance stood out from the rest as...almost maybe good?
In a scene so random that it feels baffling even within an already baffling movie, actor Dan Janjigian plays a drug dealer named Chris R who tries to shake down another bit character named Denny (or Danny?) for owed money. Chris R is only in that single scene, and Danny's drug addiction is never brought up again, but that doesn't stop Janjigian from making a meal out of his role. Janjigian's crazed intensity and the seriousness with which he seemed to approach a nothing role in a no-name movie was compelling enough that Zac Efron portrayed him in The Disaster Artist.
WORST acting ever [MUST WATCH!] The Room www.youtube.com
Now, over 15 years after The Room, Dan Janjigian has taken on a new role, perhaps his biggest one yet: running for Congress. As it turns out, Janjigian is a man of many talents. On top of his iconic role as Chris R, Janjigian was also a Microsoft employee and an Olympic bobsledder. More recently, however, Janjigian has spent over a decade working in healthcare and raising a family in Texas.
According to Janjigian's official campaign website, his experience as a healthcare professional and his family's history escaping the Armenian Genocide solidified his political beliefs. Currently running as a Democrat to represent Texas's 31st congressional district against Republican incumbent John Carter, Janjigian's platform revolves around enacting public healthcare (while allowing private options for those who choose it), streamlining legal immigration, and promoting clean energy solutions to battle climate change.
Best of all, Janjigian is running a grassroots campaign "PAID FOR BY A WHOLE LOT OF TEXANS SUPPORTING DANJAN," meaning that he's not beholden to big money or corporate interests, and possibly even that Danny finally paid him back.
- Dan Janjigian - Agency Owner - Gridiron Financial, LLC | LinkedIn ›
- Actor from legendary bad movie 'The Room' running for House ... ›
- Dan Janjigian for Congress ›
- Dan Janjigian (@danjan111) | Twitter ›
- Dan Janjigian - Ballotpedia ›
- Dan Janjigian, the Original Chris R. from The Room, Makes a ... ›
- Does anyone else feel sorry for Chris-R? : theroom ›
- Full Transcript of “The Room” - David Klion - Medium ›
- Compare 'The Disaster Artist' cast with their 'Room' characters side ... ›
- Proudly Resents: Interviews: Dan Janjigian talks “The Room ... ›
- Chris-R | Villains Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia ›
Even to this day, "Dark Tournament" remains the defining shonen "Tournament Arc."
Oftentimes, it's impossible to separate the quality of the anime we grew up watching from the sense of nostalgia those series evoke.
Case in point: Dragon Ball Z. Historically, DBZ is likely the most influential anime series of all time, both redefining the shonen genre for every series that came after it and introducing an entire generation of Western kids to Japanese animation through the legendary Funimation dub on Cartoon Network's Toonami block. Chances are high that if you meet someone who loves anime and grew up in the late '90s or early 2000s, they'll have a deeply personal bond with DBZ.
At the same time, it's hard to argue that DBZ holds up in the modern day, especially for new viewers coming in with fresh eyes. The pacing of the original series is super slow, the fights drag out forever, and while DBZ created so many of shonen's most prevalent tropes ("This isn't even my final form!"), almost everything DBZ ever did has since been done better by other series.
A vibrant summer earworm.
Dance-pop duo Krewella, the Pakistani-American sisters, hooks up with Yellow Claw on "Rewind."
Krewella & Yellow Claw - Rewind (Official Music Video) youtu.be
- Krewella + Whipped Cream – Tickets – Echostage – Washington ... ›
- Krewella on Spotify ›
- Krewella's stream on SoundCloud - Hear the world's sounds ›
- Krewella (@Krewella) | Twitter ›
- Krewella - Home | Facebook ›
- Krewella (@krewella) • Instagram photos and videos ›
- Krewella - Alive (Official Video) - YouTube ›
- Krewella - Wikipedia ›
- Krewella ›