Now that Dumbledore and Grindelwald's "incredibly intense" romance is canon, what will JK Rowling make up next?
Every Potterhead has a favorite scene from their favorite book/movie series – the first time Harry Potter catches the Golden Snitch, the part where Dobby holds a sock, the torrid sexual affair between Dumbledore and Grindelwald.
Or wait, did that last one not happen in the books? Or the movies? Or even the Fantastic Beasts spin-off featuring Grindelwald? Was there seriously no mention of either of those characters' sexualities anywhere across the entire Harry Potter canon?
Once again, JK Rowling has offered unprompted insight into Dumbledore's sexuality, this time through comments on the Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Blu-ray feature where Rowling assured everyone that "their relationship was incredibly intense. It was passionate, and it was a love relationship."
J.K. Rowling spoke about Dumbledore and Grindelwald's relationship: "Their relationship was incredibly intense. It… https://t.co/nNt7LVW0J4— The Rowling Library (@The Rowling Library)1552833779.0
On the one hand, LGBTQ representation is excellent. On the other hand, if LGBTQ representation was actually important to JK Rowling, why were Dumbledore and Grindelwald's relationship/sexualities not mentioned in the spin-off, let alone the books or movies? JK Rowling limiting these character insights to tweets and Blu-ray commentary makes it seem like she wants a point for "representation" and "diversity" within her work without actually writing anything to make those characters representative. In other words, it's cowardly.
Fans are responding in turn, pointing out that this is in no way, shape, or form actual representation.
J.K. Rowling Confirms Some Characters in Her Books and Movies Are Gay Everywhere Except in the Books or the Movies https://t.co/Y5gcbMWNB9— Eric D. Snider (@Eric D. Snider)1552780030.0
us: actual queer representation in the books! jk rowling: https://t.co/MT9YFYKMzd— 𝐦𝐢𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐞𝐥𝐚. ⛧ (@𝐦𝐢𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐞𝐥𝐚. ⛧)1552815593.0
Jk Rowling be like https://t.co/jGWL15RIiu— Gus Æ A-12 (@Gus Æ A-12)1552851337.0
But others are just wondering what other sexual preferences JK Rowling might retroactively reveal about her beloved characters.
For instance, could Dumbledore's Patronus be changed to something more representative of his apparent newfound sexuality?
Nobody: J.K. Rowling: Dumbledore’s patronus is the Grindr logo— carter hambley (@carter hambley)1552841186.0
Yeah, sure why not. But what's Hagrid into?
Me: I — JK Rowling: Hagrid has paid for feet pics— Dani Fernandez (@Dani Fernandez)1552787983.0
Somehow that actually makes a lot of sense. How about Sirius?
No one: JK Rowling: Sirius was a furry— Evan Edinger (@Evan Edinger)1552856344.0
Oh, no wonder he turns into a dog. More representation is still needed though.
Deadass nobody: JK Rowling: Luna Lovegood was a bisexual voyeur who was pro-choice and a quarter Chinese. Wingardiu… https://t.co/l2H1Ah6Bo5— marquita (@marquita)1552854899.0
JK Rowling needs to get on canonizing all of this ASAP.
nobody : JK Rowling : why do you think I named him Longbottom— Melo Stan Account (@Melo Stan Account)1552849443.0
Okay, we knew that one already. Personally, though, I just want to know more about Dobby's sex life.
Nobody: JK Rowling: Dobby can deepthroat a Nimbus 2000— David Hughes (@David Hughes)1552786132.0
Love it. Can't wait for JK Rowling to make all these official.
Until then, maybe she should start working on a new spin-off novel about the Dumbledore/Grindelwald relationship to, you know, utilize that content in a way that actually matters.
POP⚡DUST | Read More...
- Dumbledore's sexuality in Fantastic Beasts Crimes of Grindelwald ... ›
- Jude Law Discusses Dumbledore's Sexuality in Fantastic Beasts | E ... ›
- Albus Dumbledore's sexuality - A Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts ... ›
- Dumbledore's sexuality is "clear" in 'Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of ... ›
- Dumbledore's Sexuality Is More Complicated Than It Sounds In ... ›
- Rowling Lets Dumbledore Out of the Closet - ABC News ›
- J K Rowling on Dumbledore's Sexuality in Fantastic Beasts | Time ›
If you cling to outdated ideas, you are choosing to be left behind.
A relative recently reached out to express concern that I was sharing ageist sentiments on the Internet.
She didn't have to specify which content had bothered her. I knew she was talking about my attacks on "boomers."
- Fox Media's "Okay Boomer" Trademark is Peak Boomer Energy ... ›
- A Guide For Talking to Boomers - Popdust ›
- OK, boomer. The kids are fighting back. - The Washington Post ›
- 'OK boomer' is dividing generations. What does it mean? ›
- OK, Boomer: This Is How To Respond To Gen Z's New Meme ›
- 'OK, Boomer' Vs. 'OK, Millennial': Workplace Nightmare, Or Just A ... ›
- "OK, boomer": 25-year-old lawmaker shuts down heckler during ... ›
- What does “OK boomer” mean? The meme, explained - Vox ›
- 'OK Boomer' Marks the End of Friendly Generational Relations - The ... ›
Please stop me.
Post Malone is the poet laureate of all beer-drunken hearts, and his astute observations on life, love, and intoxication deserve to be taken far too seriously.
As a freshly graduated English major who just moved to Brooklyn, I feel that it's my personal responsibility to share my philosophical musings with the world. Sadly, very few people read books anymore, so I've decided to apply my degree to something I love but that also may meet the masses on their terms: the exquisitely poetic lyrics of the one and only Post Malone.
- Post Malone Talks New Album, Courtney Love, and COVID-19 on Nirvana Livestream - Popdust ›
- Listen to Post Malone Cover Nirvana Songs Live This Friday - Popdust ›
- Post Malone Lyrics ›
- 20 Post Malone Song Lyrics & Music Videos From Today's Newly ... ›
- Post Malone lyrics, songs and albums | LyricsFreak ›
- Post Malone's 'Wow.' Lyrics | Billboard ›
- The five most peak Post Malone lyrics on 'Hollywood's Bleeding' ›
- Post Malone - Die For Me (Lyrics) ft. Future, Halsey - YouTube ›
- Post Malone Song Lyrics | MetroLyrics ›
- Post Malone - circles (Lyrics) - YouTube ›
- Post Malone Lyrics, Songs, and Albums | Genius ›
- Post Malone Lyrics ›