Why are we so mean to celebrities?
At 6'3" with a chiseled physique, Outlander star Sam Hueghan doesn't seem like your stereotypical bullying victim.
And yet, in an emotional post on social media, Hueghan lays out the emotional effects of having a 6-year-long bullying campaign waged against him.
- Justin Bieber Is the Latest Casualty of Celebrity Cyberbullying ›
- Here Are 4 Female Celebrities Who Cyberbullying Forced Off Social ... ›
- Cyberbullying Is Not a Joke: Celebrities and Public Figures Can ... ›
- 9 Celebrities You Never Knew Were Cyber-Bullied | Net Nanny ›
- 7 stars who have personal experiences of online bullying - BBC ›
- The Latest Celebrity Diet? Cyberbullying - The New York Times ›
- 'Outlander': Sam Heughan Added Something to Season 5 that Wasn ... ›
- 'Outlander' star Sam Hueghan could be James Bond in 2020 but ... ›
- Outlander's Sam Heughan's Whisky The Sassenach Spirit Details ›
- Sam Heughan Girlfriend 2017: Fans Still Aggressively Ship ... | Sam ... ›
- Outlander Exclusive: Star Sam Heughan on Jamie's Redcoat Turn ... ›
The classic He-Man meme video stands the test of time as an iconic example of queer-coded art.
In December of 2005, Brokeback Mountain shifted queer-coded cinema into the mainstream.
Prior to 2005, "New Queer Cinema"––a term coined by film scholar B. Ruby Rich in Sight & Sound to define the queer-themed independent film movement, which focused on rejecting heteronormativity and concentrated on LGBTQ protagonists––existed on the fringe of the film world. It's worth noting that while the movement primarily refers to the boom in independent LGBTQ films from 1992 onwards, queer cinema existed for many years prior, albeit without a proper name. But regardless of nomenclature, New Queer Cinema was typically designated for niche audiences, relegated to arthouse showings at best.
There's a big problem with the trailer for Morbius, Sony's upcoming Marvel outing that is definitely not part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe even though it has Michael Keaton reprising his role as Vulture (please let us keep our license, Disney!).
See if you can spot it.
MORBIUS - Teaser Trailer www.youtube.com
If you answered, "Sampling Beethoven's 'Für Elise' to line up with blue-tinted action shots is the absolute lowest effort, brain-dead attempt to signify 'gothic vampire movie' in the entire history of movie trailers," you're correct, but that's still not the biggest problem with Morbius. No, the biggest problem is that Morbius is played by Jared Leto.