It looked like there would be no Easter Bonnet competition this year—at least until legendary designer Billy Hipkins stepped in.
Each spring since 1987, Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS has honored the season by hosting an Easter Bonnet Competition.
On a chosen date, Broadway stars and employees come together to share songs and to show off their unique, creative bonnet designs, all while raising money for a good cause.
- Billy Hipkins Theatre Credits, News, Bio and Photos ›
- Billy Hipkins-the ALSO-RAN (@ALSORANISM) | Twitter ›
- "Finishing the Bonnet" Episode 6 - Creating a Broadway Bonnet with ... ›
- Cultural Arts Center Charleston - Billy Hipkins and his show, "The ... ›
- "Finishing the Bonnet" Episode 5 - Creating a Broadway Bonnet with ... ›
- Billy Hipkins | Playbill ›
- "Finishing the Bonnet" Episode 2 - Creating a Broadway Bonnet with ... ›
- Broadway Cares Launches Fundraising Campaign for COVID-19 ... ›
- Rating for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS - Charity Navigator ›
- Broadway Cares (@BCEFA) | Twitter ›
- Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS - Wikipedia ›
- Broadway Cares (@bcefa) • Instagram photos and videos ›
- COVID-19 Emergency Assistance Fund ›
- Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS - YouTube ›
Protest music aside, there is a slew of good underground music out today
An invigorating slew of protest music hit the shelves today.
Detroit-based emcee Tee Grizzley collaborated with Queen Naija and the Detroit Youth Choir to craft a melodic ballad that attempts to open up a dialogue with police. Meanwhile, alt-Jazz pioneer Terrace Martin took a different approach in his collaboration with Denzel Curry, Daylyt, G Perico, and Kamasi Washington, with "Pigs Feet" being more of an angry f*ck you than an attempt at communication.
From the cast of "Dear Evan Hansen" to an average family's rendition of "One More Day."
If you're someone who loves live theater, then you know that it really can't be replicated on film.
But for the first time, live theater is no longer readily available. Broadway and the West End are both closed, as are the majority of the theaters around the world. If you're missing it as much as we are, recorded versions of beloved musicals and musical theater songs are good enough to tide us over until the theaters open their doors again.
Original "Hamilton" Cast Sings for 9-year-old's Birthday
There is no chance you can watch this without crying. None.
"Dear Evan Hansen’" Cast Performs on James Corden's Show
Late night talk show hosts are trying to spread some cheer by returning to TV, and this reunion of the original "Dear Evan Hansen" cast is certainly worth watching.
Andrew Lloyd Webber Sings "All I Ask Of You"
Andrew Lloyd Webber is obviously one of the best living composer's of all time, and it's a real treat to see him play one of the best songs ever written.
Family’s rendition of ‘One Day More’ from "Les Mis"
This isn't exactly broadway caliber, iits even better.
Live Stream Q&A's with West End Stars
Follow London Theatre on Instagram to partake in their morning warm ups and West End star Q&A's!
Watch the Online Recording of Cats
Don't worry, it's not the movie musical; it's the original stage musical from 1998 with Elaine Paige singing "Memory." Watch it here!
Watch Much Ado About Nothing
Much Ado About Nothing is one of Shakespeare's best plays, and thanks to the Public Theater and PBS, last summer's Shakespeare in the Park production is available to stream.
Watch SpongeBob SquarePants: The Broadway MusicalSpongeBob SquarePants The Broadway Musical for Everyone
If you're looking for light hearted entertainment, this brightly colored spectacle is just the thing to distract you from your isolation.
YOU'VE GOT A FRIEND performed by the worldwide cast of BEAUTIFUL (in quarantine) for The Actors Fund
The cast of "Beautiful" on Broadway wants you to know that "You've Got a Friend."
- The Spongebob Musical is confirmed, but is Broadway becoming ... ›
- "Pretty Woman" Cast Celebrates Album Release Party - Popdust ›
- Interview: Doreen Taylor talks Broadway - Popdust ›
- The "Hamilton" Disney Movie Will Be True to Its Message - Popdust ›
- Crocs! The Musical at NY Summerfest, a review of the show - Popdust ›