Let RKS remind you what live music is supposed to be.
One day you're listening to your usual assortment of experimental synth music and whale noises, maybe a little Kero Kero Bonito if it's sunny out.
In a good mood, you decide to branch out, and a song comes on your discover weekly that you don't recognize. You bob your head along to the beat, and wonder who the band is, thinking they must be deliciously obscure. You reach for your phone to save the track, and recoil at the glitter-sprinkled name: Rainbow Kitten Surprise. The name sounds distinctly like the name of your seven-year-old niece's Guitar Hero band, but you find that in reality it refers to a group of hairy men from Boone, North Carolina who play an amalgamation of indie and folk rock. Even worse than their name, they have millions of plays. They're popular and kitschy and unacceptable for someone like you who only shops at organic co-ops in your vintage Doc Martens. You move on to the next song.
- Rainbow Kitten Surprise (@RKSBandOfficial) | Twitter ›
- Q&A: Rainbow Kitten Surprise Is So Much More Than The Best Band ... ›
- Rainbow Kitten Surprise - Fever Pitch [Official Video] - YouTube ›
- Rainbow Kitten Surprise on Spotify ›
- Rainbow Kitten Surprise - YouTube ›
- Rainbow Kitten Surprise | Official Site ›
- Rainbow Kitten Surprise - Home | Facebook ›
- Rainbow Kitten Surprise | How To: Friend, Love, Freefall | The New ... ›
There's a big problem with the trailer for Morbius, Sony's upcoming Marvel outing that is definitely not part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe even though it has Michael Keaton reprising his role as Vulture (please let us keep our license, Disney!).
See if you can spot it.
MORBIUS - Teaser Trailer www.youtube.com
If you answered, "Sampling Beethoven's 'Für Elise' to line up with blue-tinted action shots is the absolute lowest effort, brain-dead attempt to signify 'gothic vampire movie' in the entire history of movie trailers," you're correct, but that's still not the biggest problem with Morbius. No, the biggest problem is that Morbius is played by Jared Leto.