Jay Pharoah and the LAPD Show How Easily a Black Man in America End Ups with a Cop's Knee on His Neck
His workout clothes were reason enough to treat him like a violent criminal.
Comedian and actor Jay Pharoah didn't grow up with nearly as much fear of the police as many Black men in America.
The former SNL star describes himself as "a law-abiding citizen," who "grew up in the burbs" of Chesapeake, Virginia—where he was sheltered from a lot of the worst of American racism. Until this April, he had never been in a pair of handcuffs, let alone surrounded by police with their guns drawn, let alone pinned under a dogpile of LAPD officers, with one cop kneeling on his neck...
In a video detailing the experience—including some security footage of what went down, Pharoah, 32, explains that his parents "tried to shelter me and my sister for years," adding, "I didn't experience first-hand racism in America until this year."
- 'SNL' Comedian Jay Pharoah Wrongfully Detained in April, LAPD ... ›
- Ex-'SNL' cast member Jay Pharoah says a Los Angeles police ... ›
- Jay Pharoah of 'SNL' says police drew guns on him, knelt on his neck ›
- Jay Pharoah Says Officer Kneeled On His Neck, Shares Security ... ›
- Saturday Night Live alum Jay Pharoah says LA police kneeled on ... ›
The two rap queens finally collaborated on their new NSFW single.
When the world needed them most, Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion joined forces for one of the most major—and NSFW—bops to arrive out of quarantine.
As two of the reigning supreme forces in female hip-hop, it was practically inevitable for the pair to finally collaborate on a song. After teasing the new song on social media this week, "WAP" has finally arrived with a bang, marking Cardi's first single as a lead artist in over a year.
Cardi B - WAP feat. Megan Thee Stallion [Official Music Video] youtu.be
To some extent, a 0% Fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes is an honor.
Even amongst trash cinema, the Rotten Tomatoes 0% are a special breed of stank.
For a movie to receive a 0% Fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes, it can't just be bad, and it can't even just be awful. No, a Rotten Tomatoes 0% movie needs to be so terrible that it convinces even the most contrarian film reviewers to unanimously agree that yes, the movie in question is objectively worthless. To put this into perspective, 21% of film critics gave Tom Hooper's Cats a Fresh rating even though, or perhaps because, it featured Dame Judy Dench licking her own crotch. For even starker perspective, one reviewer out of 80 even gave Daddy Day Camp a Fresh rating, and incredibly, it just so happened to be former Popdust reviewer Fred Topel:
The Last Days of American Crime
- 29 Movies That Received a 0% Fresh Rating on Rotten Tomatoes ›
- "Captain Marvel 2" Is Slated to Trigger Low-Performing Dudes All ... ›
- Before "Uncut Gems" Why Does Adam Sandler Choose Bad Movies ... ›
- Netflix's 365 Days Glorifies Sex Crimes ›
- A New Netflix Show Has Unseated '365 Days' For The #1 Spot ›
- Savage reviews of this new Netflix movie earned it a 0% Rotten ... ›
- Netflix's Last Days of American Crime Scores Rare 0% on Rotten ... ›
- Movies that earned a 0% rating on Rotten Tomatoes ›
- Worst Summer Movies of All Time << Rotten Tomatoes – Movie and ... ›
- New Netflix movie lands infamous 0% rating on Rotten Tomatoes ›
- Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas (2014) - Rotten Tomatoes ›
- Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star (2011) - Rotten Tomatoes ›
- Gotti (2018) - Rotten Tomatoes ›
- Cube Zero (2004) - Rotten Tomatoes ›
- List of films with a 0% rating on Rotten Tomatoes - Wikipedia ›