Swift transforms into the most manly of men for her new self-directed video.
Throughout her many years spent in the public eye, Taylor Swift has faced unimaginable scrutiny over both her professional and personal lives.
But the 30-year-old pop star is still chugging along, having released her seventh studio album, Lover, last year to generally favorable reviews. On one of the record's highlights, "The Man," Swift ponders how she might be perceived and spoken about if she were a man. To help bring that vision to life, she was made over into Tyler Swift—yes, that's really her in prosthetics—to play a macho, manspreading dude in the new music video for "The Man," which she directed herself.
Swift is a known fan of subtle references in her material, and "The Man" comes full with a basket of Easter eggs. Here are just a few that we caught—knowing her, there are likely many more hidden in there.
Taylor of Wall Street
In the second verse, Swift sings: "I'd be just like Leo in St. Tropez." From commanding an office to being surrounded by scantily clad women on a boat, the music video draws a few visual parallels to The Wolf of Wall Street, in which Leonardo DiCaprio starred as infamous stockbroker Jordan Belfort.
- Taylor Swift's 'Lover': Which Easter eggs did fans get right? ›
- Easter Eggs in Taylor Swift's "You Need to Calm Down" Video ... ›
- Taylor Swift's 'You Need To Calm Down' Video Is Full Of Easter Eggs ... ›
- Taylor Swift's 'You Need to Calm Down' Music Video Easter Eggs ... ›
- Taylor Swift 'You Need to Calm Down' Video Easter Eggs ›
- All the Easter Eggs in Taylor Swift's 'ME!' Video: Hints at the New ... ›
- All The Easter Eggs For Taylor Swift's "Lover" Album ›
- Taylor Swift Fans Are Convinced She's Giving Them a Huge ... ›
- Taylor Swift Lover References: Every Easter Egg Explained | Time ›
- Taylor Swift Is The Man in New Music Video: See All the Easter Eggs ... ›