Should we just Cancel Christmas Specials?
Christmas is an impossible holiday for pop culture to get right.
While there have been some successful hits in recent years, it's worth noting that a successful holiday special is as rare as Santa Claus himself. The outing is practically a guaranteed failure from the jump, and rarely ever pans out the way it's initially intended. From Tabitha Stephens in blackface to Santa Claus being raised on lioness milk, here are the most uncomfortable Christmas specials in history. You may not want to watch them, but you can't look away.
Rapsittie Street Kids: Believe In Santa – 2002
In what is now considered a rare pop culture gem, Rapsittie Street Kids: Believe in Santa was released by the computer animation studio Wolf Tracer Studio and was panned for almost every conceivable reason. The plot follows suburban boy Ricky Rogers and his friend, as Ricky spends his first Christmas after the death of his mother.
- The 30 Weirdest Christmas Songs | SPIN ›
- Neo Yokio: Pink Christmas Netflix Special is Weird, Wondrous ... ›
- 11 of the Most Messed Up Christmas Episodes in Holiday TV History ... ›
- I Think I Found The Weirdest Christmas Movie - YouTube ›
- Top 10 weirdest holiday TV specials of all time | Star Tribune ›
- Every Rankin/Bass Christmas special, ranked ›
- The best, worst and weirdest Christmas TV specials of all time | CBC ... ›
- 11 Odd, Campy, Surreal Holiday Specials That Should Be Classics ... ›
- Top 10 Weirdest Christmas Specials - Listverse ›
- From Pee-wee to Mr. T: The 12 Weirdest Holiday Specials We've ... ›