It's Basically Das Kapital: The Animated Series
On its face, Bob's Burgers is a silly animated family sitcom that loves to indulge in gross-out humor and musical numbers—often at the same time.
But if you look a little deeper, you'll find one of the most political shows on network television, as well as a very detailed analysis of the structural problems in our society. In short, Bob's Burgers is possibly the best critique of late capitalism in popular culture.
- Tina and Jimmy Pesto (Bob's Burgers) cosplay | without capitalism ... ›
- Bob's Burgers and the Stark Truth of Dreams – The Dot and Line ›
- — Bobs burgers single-handedly destroys capitalism... ›
- The business of "Bob's Burgers": From labor issues to the cost of ... ›
- How 'Bob's Burgers' Became a Generation's TV Therapy ›
- Bob's Burgers Season 7 Trailer - YouTube ›
- Tina learns the dangers of disruption in an all-business Bob's Burgers ›
Happy birthday to the world's biggest genre
On this day in 1973, Clive Campbell, the Jamaican-American "selector" known as DJ Kool Herc, hosted a "back to school jam" at 1520 Sedgewick Avenue in the Boogie Down Bronx of New York City.
Armed with a booming sound system and reggae beats, Herc– a shortened nickname for "Hercules"– commanded insatiable audiences across the South Bronx with his unique looping technique called the "Merry-Go Round." "[I knew that] they were waiting for this particular break," Herc later said, "and I got a couple of records that got the same break up in it. I wonder how it would be if I put them all together."
- On This Day: Bob Marley and The Wailers Made the Greatest ... ›
- On This Day: "Killing Me Softly" Broke Up The Fugees - Popdust ›
- On This Day: Aretha Franklin's "Respect" Is More Important Than Ever ›
- On This Day, “Madvillainy” Changed Hip-Hop Forever - Popdust ›
Raymond's popularity sheds light on a bizarre underside of the Animal Crossing fandom.
Raymond is a smug cat who highlights his heterochromatic eyes with hipster glasses.
He is essentially the same exact character as every other Animal Crossing villager with a "Smug" personality type, but again, and this is very important, Raymond is a cat with heterochromatic eyes and hipster glasses. As such, he has completely broken the Animal Crossing community.
- Terraforming Changes How We Experience Animal Crossing ... ›
- People Are Going on Dates in the "Animal Crossing: New Horizons ... ›
- The Worst Animal Crossing Villagers, Ranked - Popdust ›