The perfect meme for the current moment.
Deion Broxton–a reporter for KVTM, an NBC local news network in Montana–went viral this morning for his hesitance to tangle with a herd of Bison in Yellowstone National Park.
Broxton shared the clip on his twitter account, where it quickly gained nearly a quarter of a million likes and 60,000 retweets, and it undoubtedly cemented itself in our collective consciousness as the next big meme.
There was a herd of bison walking right toward me at @YellowstoneNPS today! https://t.co/sdrBvojpwF— Deion Broxton (@Deion Broxton)1585167939.0
The clip shows Broxton beginning to tape a segment on the side of the road by a Yellowstone sign, when he notices something off camera to his right.
"Oh my god. Oh my god," he says, clearly wary of whatever is heading towards him.
"Oh no I ain't messin' with you, oh no, oh no, oh no, I'm not messin' with you," he says as he grabs the camera and begins to load it into his car.
He later shared video of what exactly it was that was approaching him: a herd of bison.
Here's the video of the bison I shot once I got a safe distance away lol https://t.co/uL3XiR2ISR— Deion Broxton (@Deion Broxton)1585180982.0
The footage has already been viewed more than 5.4 million times since it was shared yesterday. Broxton was thanked in the comments by Yellowstone National Park, who applauded his reaction and encouraged others to do the same when approached by wild animals.
@DeionNBCMT Thanks for putting the #YellowstonePledge into action! https://t.co/A3h75AACeV— yellowstonenps (@yellowstonenps)1585168020.0
Broxton was just trying to get a quick segment for the local news station, but he ended up creating the next viral meme. Not bad for a day's work.
@DeionNBCMT @YellowstoneNPS When I see someone cough in the grocery store. https://t.co/7QX7DjBP2m— C-Recks (@C-Recks)1585173755.0
@DeionNBCMT @YellowstoneNPS When you see April 2020 is coming next. https://t.co/mFiaHDD7Fe— Maz Thee Don (@Maz Thee Don)1585182945.0
@DeionNBCMT @YellowstoneNPS Me, if I ever saw Donald Trump approaching: https://t.co/JUufy1BYoy— Fohtohgirl💎 (@Fohtohgirl💎)1585223068.0
- Smart Yellowstone Reporter - Unlike Idiot Tourists - Leaves Bison ... ›
- MT: REPORTER SEES BISON, BAILS FROM LIVE SHOT (FUNNY ... ›
- WATCH: Reporter Avoids Bison Encounter At Yellowstone ›
- Deion Broxton KTVM on Twitter: "There was a herd of bison walking ... ›
- Hilarious: Reporter “Not Messin” With Yellowstone Bison ›
- VIDEO: This Reporter Didn't Mess with an Approaching Herd of Bison ›
- Montana reporter escaping a herd of bison in Yellowstone is now a ... ›
"Better late than never" may not apply in this case...
On Saturday, in a strange celebration of Independence Day, rapper, producer, and sneaker mogul Kanye West announced his intention to run for president in 2020.
As in, this year. Right now.
Of course, this news comes well past the filing deadline for independent candidates in several major states—which means that unless a political party randomly decides to nominate him, Kanye's name won't appear on those ballots. As deadlines in other states approach—with little apparent effort to gather the petition signatures required—Kanye is officially joining the long, proud history of vanity presidential campaigns. Unfortunately, that's a lot more dangerous than it sounds.
We must now realize the promise of America by trusting God, unifying our vision and building our future. I am runni… https://t.co/MySzN3vjIB— ye (@ye)1593909493.0
- Kanye West Gives Rambling Monologue to Trump in Oval Office ... ›
- Were Kanye West's MAGA Hats Just a Hoax to Manipulate Trump ... ›
If you cling to outdated ideas, you are choosing to be left behind.
A relative recently reached out to express concern that I was sharing ageist sentiments on the Internet.
She didn't have to specify which content had bothered her. I knew she was talking about my attacks on "boomers."
- Fox Media's "Okay Boomer" Trademark is Peak Boomer Energy ... ›
- A Guide For Talking to Boomers - Popdust ›
- OK, boomer. The kids are fighting back. - The Washington Post ›
- 'OK boomer' is dividing generations. What does it mean? ›
- OK, Boomer: This Is How To Respond To Gen Z's New Meme ›
- 'OK, Boomer' Vs. 'OK, Millennial': Workplace Nightmare, Or Just A ... ›
- "OK, boomer": 25-year-old lawmaker shuts down heckler during ... ›
- What does “OK boomer” mean? The meme, explained - Vox ›
- 'OK Boomer' Marks the End of Friendly Generational Relations - The ... ›